Playing With Your Tongue !, or teeth !
Stijntjen
Apr 23 2007, 06:09 PM
GMC:er
Hi,
I was reading a biography yesterday of jimi hendrix (you know the guitar player tongue.gif )
And it stated a couple of times that he played with his tongue or teeths at various ocasions. He'd also do a lot of other tricks while playing guitar.
Of course I already knew those things. But yesterday i tried it myself.
Cut my tongue doing it (blood on the sucky strat's pickguard, shouldn't have tried it on 8's unsure.gif ) and i'm afraid of hurting my teeth.
So what i want to ask. Is there anyone here that can play (simple things) with his(her) tongue? Or any other tricks, maybe someone who knows a site with those kind of tricks and how to do them ?
Looking forward to replies tongue.gif

Oh yeah i'm not responsible for any possible fysical damage wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
radarlove1984
Apr 24 2007, 12:15 AM
I've heard about Hendrix doing that, but I've never actually seen a video of him playing with his teeth from a side view. They always show him with the guitar in front of his face so you can't really see what he's doing.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say he's just playing legato and putting on a hell of a show in the process.

If anyone has a video of a side view, I'd love to see it though. I still can't figure out how (if?) he did that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Apr 24 2007, 01:12 AM
playing behind your head is pretty easy

+Quote Post
Nick334
Apr 24 2007, 05:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaW0w8D3MII

Teeth solo starts at 1.38.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 24 2007, 08:42 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
That was just cool

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 24 2007, 10:23 PM
Never actually seen him do it, that was pretty cool!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Apr 25 2007, 03:24 AM
QUOTE (Nick334 @ Apr 24 2007, 04:09 PM) *

I used to play the hell out of my cassette of that performance in high school. That was an amazing set. This is the first time I've seen that video since I started playing guitar and what gets me the most is how huge a Strat neck feels to me and how small it looks in Jimi's hands. Eesh.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Liam
Apr 26 2007, 06:56 PM
he uses his teeth wink.gif

+Quote Post
bricktop
Apr 29 2007, 04:45 PM
Youtube already pulled that video off the server, did any of you save it to hard drive???

John

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:11 PM