I Got A Question, Pinky finger???
Dan L
Jan 9 2008, 08:18 PM
GMC:er
when im trying to practice some blues music i cant control my pinky all the time, when i try to move my pinky i sometimes move my other finger next to it at the same time is this normal. thanks Dan biggrin.gif

Oh and by the way ur site is amazing i shall pass this on to all my friends.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Mark.
Jan 9 2008, 08:23 PM
This is normal for a not trained pinky, if you want to fully controle it you should do pinky excercises!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dan L
Jan 9 2008, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jan 9 2008, 07:23 PM) *
This is normal for a not trained pinky, if you want to fully controle it you should do pinky excercises!

Theres a pinky excersize :S hmm so u got the link for it?

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 9 2008, 08:30 PM
just search for Pinky smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 9 2008, 08:38 PM
Some excercises I did :
(Do it on all strings)

7h8p7h8p7 etc with your pinky and ring finger
7h9p7h9p7 etc with your pinky and middle finger
Just think of any variation you can imagine,
Start slow and stop when it hurts!

This is also a great excercise for independent fingers
5h7p6h8 and 8p6h7p5

Hopes this help some biggrin.gif

Mark.

+Quote Post
Dan L
Jan 9 2008, 09:00 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jan 9 2008, 07:38 PM) *
Some excercises I did :
(Do it on all strings)

7h8p7h8p7 etc with your pinky and ring finger
7h9p7h9p7 etc with your pinky and middle finger
Just think of any variation you can imagine,
Start slow and stop when it hurts!

This is also a great excercise for independent fingers
5h7p6h8 and 8p6h7p5

Hopes this help some biggrin.gif

Mark.

thanks alot ill give them ago, feels weird kinda makes my finger feel weak like i cant control it but ill keep trying.

This post has been edited by Dan L: Jan 9 2008, 09:00 PM

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 9 2008, 09:03 PM
It will take sometime to fully controle your pinky, maby even months, just gradually build it up! In the beginning it's seems difficult but after a while you start to feel large improvements, which is really motivating biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 9 2008, 09:50 PM
Instructor
exercise for pinky 1.2.X.4 and 1.X.3.4 these are the numbers of the fingers and fretrs start upstrock / downstrock play at frets (1.3.5.7.9.12.15.17) i think it will help you

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 9 2008, 10:04 PM
I like to set my metronome around 105 bpm and keep increasing it and do licks with a variety of patterns like this one on a EVH Brown sound type of lead setting.

E-8-9-11-9-8----9-8-------8------------------8----
B--------------11-----11-9---11-9-8--8-9-11------
G-----------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by preownedguitar: Jan 9 2008, 10:04 PM

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Dan L
Jan 10 2008, 07:53 PM
Still my 2 fingers at the end my pinky and the one next to it feel really weak and im missing strings sad.gif if anyone has msn or anything like that plz add me. [email protected] thats my msn addy rite there.

This post has been edited by Dan L: Jan 10 2008, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post
Dan L
Jan 10 2008, 09:04 PM
i need serious help i want to be good,but i just cant do anything im trying the tuts and im not getting better. someone add me on msn we have a chat?>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:31 AM