Painfully Slow
aleiakrepi
Nov 24 2009, 09:37 PM
GMC:er
The site has really valuable and helpful content. Unfortunately, the speed, at least where I live and connect from, is unacceptably slow. Practically rendering the site useless. Computers and networks I use are different but all of them fairly new and very fast with anything else, be it on-line or executing on the computer. Includes all other Internet served Flash videos. Networks are 10 Mbps fiber at home and 1Gbps at work. Both are sitting on super fast backbones.

BTW, my location - Vancouver, BC, Canada. This slowness was the reason I haven't renewed my initial subscription. Even my first three months, I could play few videos but only after waiting for 5-10 minutes typically, for the videos to load. That time better spent practicing :-)

Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by aleiakrepi: Nov 24 2009, 09:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 25 2009, 12:17 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
This should not be happening in Canada with the equipment you have. Thanks for reporting. We will get back to you with suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 25 2009, 11:34 PM
Moderation Policy Director
SOunds wrong as Skenny says - could you perform a traceroute to guitarmasterclass.net for us? That might help us figure out what the issue is.

If you don;t know what traceroute is, here is a link (thnaks Skenny)

http://wiki.ocssolutions.com/How_to_Perform_a_Traceroute

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
anuj2911
Nov 29 2009, 08:59 PM
GMC:er
same here
its extremely slow - it takes more time to open and reach the lesson than for the lesson to buffer and download

I am not sure but browser Opera and internet explorer are even more slow - and these are the two browser its working on for me..

Chrome i cant see videos - But chrome is still faster

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:49 AM