Gp 5 Vs Win 7 64 Bit, help needed
Darius Wave
Nov 10 2013, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Hello. Some of You already know I'm switching to a new machine. Currently all of my free time I spend on trying to get all necessary things working on this one. Unfortunately some things just don't work.

I made an instalation of guitar pro 5 and it seems like the installation goes ok but it don't want to launch. I see the starting sceen but when everything loads I just dissappear. Anybody had similar problems?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Nov 10 2013, 06:43 PM
GMC:er
Did you install it into : Program files (x86) ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 10 2013, 08:22 PM
Instructor
I think I try both (program files 32 bit too) but I'll recheck again

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 10 2013, 10:29 PM
I remember some programs (or something inside the program) compatibility came with update later on

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 10 2013, 10:44 PM
Instructor
Checked it out. As I said - x86 folder does not work too. I insert the serial number, then it goes ok and when You think You almost got it , the window become closed ...

+Quote Post
Socky42
Nov 10 2013, 11:15 PM
What version of GP5 is it?

Guitar Pro 5.2 works on my 64-bit Windows 7

http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music is their official support site, so you could try asking there.

Hopefully they won't just tell you to buy Guitar Pro 6 laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 11 2013, 12:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Nov 10 2013, 11:15 PM) *
What version of GP5 is it?

Guitar Pro 5.2 works on my 64-bit Windows 7

http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music is their official support site, so you could try asking there.

Hopefully they won't just tell you to buy Guitar Pro 6 laugh.gif

This is exactly what I thought at fisrt! Unfortunately this is something that probably most of producers would do. Saying "Man...there is GP6 why do You bother us with an old version tongue.gif

+Quote Post
korblitz
Nov 11 2013, 01:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...de-in-windows-7

Have you tried emulating windows xp on windows 7?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 11 2013, 02:24 PM
Instructor
I heard of this but seems like I have a home premium 7...gotta buy and upgrade to Professional at least to be able to use that mode. But thanx for the tip. I try to search the net..maybe someone found the reason of this bug. I think I'll go back to it once I get my all other soft done.

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 11 2013, 04:42 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Darius,

did you tried the XP-compatibility-mode? Just right-click the gp5-icon -> properties -> compatibility and check that box which enables compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3

btw GP5 runs fine on my machine (Win7 64bit) and I did a normal installation...

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Nov 11 2013, 06:57 PM
I just found quite an interesting thread on Gearslutz.com which might be worth reading Darius...someone experiences same problems but with Pro tools Ten instead Guitar Pro. A number of suggestions are made....It may help?

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/pro-tools-1...ws-7-64bit.html

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 12 2013, 09:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Nov 11 2013, 04:42 PM) *
Hey Darius,

did you tried the XP-compatibility-mode? Just right-click the gp5-icon -> properties -> compatibility and check that box which enables compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3

btw GP5 runs fine on my machine (Win7 64bit) and I did a normal installation...

Thanx mad! Yes I tried but didn't work. All situation end up the same. I was wondering maybe it's not the GP5 that has a problem but the windows itself. You know - it's a pretty fresh instalation...maybe I missed to install some basic component...hmmm

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Nov 11 2013, 06:57 PM) *
I just found quite an interesting thread on Gearslutz.com which might be worth reading Darius...someone experiences same problems but with Pro tools Ten instead Guitar Pro. A number of suggestions are made....It may help?

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/pro-tools-1...ws-7-64bit.html

Thanx Rod! I'll try to dig that. Maybe I'll find some help there smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:27 PM