2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Hearing Flat With Headphones
SeeJay
May 12 2014, 08:36 PM
GMC:er
Sounds fine here. You're playing the blues, being a little pitchy might be par for the course.

QUOTE (wrk @ Mar 25 2014, 08:44 AM) *
Thank you guys for your thoughts !!

So basically the common opinion is my issue is not caused by headphone/volume ether, right?
Damn, so i guess my hearing and bending technique is not at this point yet were it supposed to be.

I just experienced this again by working on the last two collabs. Technically these takes are not really difficult, but i needed to do quite some retakes as i thought to have spotted some pitch problems and i’m still not sure at some points. Maybe it’s just obsessive and i imagine things which are not there ..

Would you mind listening to these takes again in terms of unstable pitch issues? Thanks guys !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blue Willy
May 13 2014, 12:57 AM
GMC:er
I've never had this issue with cans in the studio. I have had issues when I hear something at very low volume, either coming out of a set of cans that is not on my head or extremely low monitor volume. The track then sounds very flat to me...not in pitch with the guitar I have just carefully tuned. As soon as the volume is raised a bit my perception changes and it sounds in tune.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:48 PM