Trouble With 16th Notes
JTaylor
Dec 24 2011, 03:33 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Has anyone here ever had trouble with playing something so elementary as 16th notes? I submitted a REC on the Minor Pentatonic scale and got great advice which, for once, I have been following. However, no matter how many times I play it, almost every single time I try to step it up just a little, I mess it up. It is the lick by Bear Rose in his Beginners Corner #14. The last part is where I have the problem, when I am picking from the G to the B strings. In his video, Bear picks those notes. I can hammer and it (sometimes) sounds good but, that is not the way the lesson is written. I mess it up picking those three 16th notes in a row. I know it takes time, but I am pretty bummed out that I am having this many problems this soon into the learning. Any of you ever gone this much trouble this early in the journey and, if so, what did you do? BTW....Merry Christmas to everyone! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:32 PM