11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Potsau's Bootcamp, Two man enter, one man leaves!
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2022, 06:14 AM
GMC:er
Solid work Soldier!! Your left hand is doing a great job on these. The picking hand may need a bit more refinement. It sounds like you are hitting two strings instead of one in various spots in the vid so i try to give some advice on how to work around it. I can see your putting in the time and I know these are not easy to play. The gains you'll get will pay you back in spades!

Sarge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 8 2022, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 8 2022, 05:14 AM) *
Solid work Soldier!! Your left hand is doing a great job on these. The picking hand may need a bit more refinement. It sounds like you are hitting two strings instead of one in various spots in the vid so i try to give some advice on how to work around it. I can see your putting in the time and I know these are not easy to play. The gains you'll get will pay you back in spades!

Sarge

Thanks for review. Ill try it today. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 9 2022, 11:48 PM
So when I lift my fingers there is a hard string noise. Even if I play slow. Should I mute with the right hand?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 10 2022, 11:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2022, 03:03 AM
Super job Soldier!! This is MUCH improved. These licks are all about forcing your hand to adapt to left hand only muting. Without realizing it, most folks cheat the mute by using their left hand to fill in the gaps for the right hand. these types of licks won't allow for that. it forces the hand in to a proper mute in order to avoid string noise. Your mute is greatly improved here so well done!!! You even got that pinky stretch lick down pat!

The timing is drifting around the beat but that's fine as it's a solo and open to dramatic interpretation. One tip for future missions, no time based effects (delay/reverb) in mission vids as I can't hear each note. But it's a minor thing. You killed it and ....

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Todd

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 11 2022, 03:12 AM
I should have had known the delay prob, but this mission was very hard to solve for me and the sound gave me some safety to get over this. Thanks. I love your new Video Style Review. 😎

The only solition to isolate the string noise was right hand for me. Glad that was right 🍻

This post has been edited by Potsau: Feb 11 2022, 03:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 11 2022, 03:40 AM
I just compared my fist videos with the last ones and i recognized that my body is in a calm position. In my first vids my whole body was shakin through the movement of my arm and hand rotation. So I think thats a milestone for me. Just like you said in the 4th mission

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2022, 05:52 AM
Super congrats!!! Getting to a point where you can relax the body and especially the hands, is a HUGE milestone in your playing. It opens up a new level of skill. Some folks never quite get over this hump. You are climbing over the top and killing it!! smile.gif

I have created a drill just for you that I think will help you further focus your inside / outside picking technique. This one also requires solid palm mute technique since it's got two open strings in the same lick just like the other ones in this Mission. this is not a rank mission but I think this one drill will help you sort out the issues you are working on in this mission that you just completed. Let me know what you think!

Attached File  insideout.gp5 ( 2.25K ) Number of downloads: 109

Attached Image

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 10 2022, 10:40 PM) *
I just compared my fist videos with the last ones and i recognized that my body is in a calm position. In my first vids my whole body was shakin through the movement of my arm and hand rotation. So I think thats a milestone for me. Just like you said in the 4th mission

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 11 2022, 06:42 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 12 2022, 09:35 AM
I think you should call it „The Pot Mission“ 🤩. Thx for creation. I will play it as a daily Excersise and show it to you when im ready to rec.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2022, 06:17 PM
Good idea!! smile.gif I hope this is helpful. Let me know what you think smile.gif

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 12 2022, 04:35 AM) *
I think you should call it „The Pot Mission“ 🤩. Thx for creation. I will play it as a daily Excersise and show it to you when im ready to rec.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 24 2022, 10:56 PM

Im kinda lost in this lesson.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2022, 09:11 PM
Well fought Soldier!!! This one is just about jumping and giving a solo a go. The good news is that bravery is rewarded. There is no wrong way to play this Mission. it's all up to you how you put the licks in. That is what makes this one a bit tricky for some folks and they never make it past this lesson. That feeling of being a bit lost in this is part of the Mission. The licks don't really fit with the timing of the backing. That's also the point. To throw you in to the deep end and let your fingers sort it out. Your fingers sorted it!! Score!!

Congrats you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 24 2022, 05:56 PM) *

Im kinda lost in this lesson.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 26 2022, 07:46 AM
Great. I did not expect that🍻.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2022, 04:28 AM
You did great! This one is all about just jumping in and giving it a go. That's what you did! It takes real stones to attack a solo with licks that don't actually fit. Score!

Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 26 2022, 02:46 AM) *
Great. I did not expect that🍻.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 28 2022, 07:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2022, 11:40 PM
Great reach and pinky power! But I"m hearing some string noise here. sad.gif Try to focus on your palm mute here. Even if you need to slow it down a bit, this one is about the stretch but also all about the palm mute which is why it uses every sting to show gaps in your mute. To wit!

\
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 28 2022, 02:53 PM) *

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2022, 09:06 PM

Heres anotger try 🍻

This post has been edited by Potsau: Mar 1 2022, 09:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 1 2022, 09:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 2 2022, 02:41 AM
This is more like it Soldier!! Your palm is resting firmly on the bridge and you are not lifting and the string noise is sorted!!! You have great reach and pinky power. I know this Mission is a pain to mute, but it's built that way to show gaps in your mute! You sorted them!!

To wit!!

Congrats Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 1 2022, 04:06 PM) *

Heres anotger try 🍻

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 2 2022, 03:01 AM
Great thx u 🤩

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 02:05 PM