Con Il Nastro Rosa
Deleted
May 15 2014, 04:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's my version of the solo played by Phil Palmer. I consider this (the original, not my version biggrin.gif ) one of the best solo ever.
It's played by hear, so it's far from being good.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Deleted: May 15 2014, 05:00 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 15 2014, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Hello my friend.
You did realy cool things with your guitar.
Pay atention on the B string because it's a little bit out of tune.
The vibrato of yours must be powerfull,it must be played with personality.
You have a nice timing smile.gif
Talking about vibrato here is a nice lesson you should try

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-4/

Good job, can't wait to hear more from you smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Deleted
May 15 2014, 08:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
That B string... is giving some problem, it doesn't want to stay in tune...
I'm working on vibrato right now, thanks for the suggestions. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2014, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hey bro! Nice one wink.gif As Marius said, Ben's lesson is a great way to exercise vibrato and if you have the time and you are up to the challenge, why not tackle all of the Vibrato Oddyssey series? There are 5 absolutely great lessons that will work the hell out of your vibrato technique smile.gif Marius suggested the 4th one, you can try them all!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2014, 09:41 PM
Instructor
That's a very nice solo! I didn't know it. Your playing is good, you have a tasty tone and good dynamics. As my friends said, there are some pitch issues to improve in your bending technique, and also your vibrato technique could be more consistent. Even with this details, your take is very enjoyable. Work on it and your take will be epic. Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Deleted
May 17 2014, 10:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to have some feedback, if possible, even on the hands position and movement or other noticeable important things. I've been teaching myself to play guitar for 6 years, so nobody ever given tips on how/if to correct my position or told me how I could improve my playing.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Deleted: May 17 2014, 10:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 24 2014, 08:29 PM
GMC Founder
Cool! As discussed in chat there are no obvious errors to correct related to your hands/posture.

To gain higher speeds I would advise you to just keep playing music all day long and remain as relaxed as possible in your arms.

Your tone could benefit from more right hand picking variation. Try to pick on different places and see how it affects tone, even more importantly try hitting the strings much harder (this will require more precision and some practicing). Maybe also try throwing in some occasional artificial harmonics (doesn't have to be heavy metal type, they can be very subtle as well).

Here is the tab for the lick I showed you in the chat:

(16th note triplets - count to 6!)
E--------------------------
B---------------------12--
G-----------12-13-14----
D-12-13-14--------------
A-----------------------
E--------------------------

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2014, 08:53 PM
Instructor
Kris has brought a very important aspect of playing on the table - dynamics.

Each player has his own approach when it comes to deploying these in his playing and you might notice some nice things if you pick a bunch of famous players and observe the following:

- vibrato
- bending
- soft vs aggressive playing
- melodic vs technical

These are just examples, but I am sure you will notice other details as well - spot 5 of your favorite players and try to analyze the stuff above smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:47 PM