Lessons Plan And Time Schedule, Where to start ?
big harry
Aug 11 2008, 11:46 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hi folks

So now i have studied some parts of gmc and read many things from Andrew (theory), still will have to read many things again and again to understand and remember wink.gif a lot of stuff Andrew has posted huh.gif

i have tried to figure out some kind of lessons plan for me:

Theory - here i found the list of Andrew with 26 points listed, MAN who can learn that all huh.gif

Technique – Legato, alternate picking, sweep picking, tapping, shred

Chords – power chords, advanced chords, arpeggios, licks and riffs

Scales – pentatonic, major/minor scales, blues scales etc.

Effects – bending, vibrato, sliding

So these are mainly the things that i have set on my plan, and now thats the point where i would like the instructors.

1) I found out in the short time, that Andrew is the man (mainly) for theory things, so who can i get for the rest of my plan ? Can someone PLEASE give me short hint, for example Chords - Gabriel, Technique - Kris etc.

2) Do i need to explore all videos to find out where to start ? i mean i have a punch of bookmarked things but the list is very long beginning with "timing excercise", "hands synchronisation" and a lot more

3) is it good to set myself a time schedule for each lesson ? so lets say 2 or 3 weeks for one thing ?

At last i want ask for some help if possible (i am sure it is possible tongue.gif )
With my former Band i have recorded a nice song which is pretty good in my oppinion, but it could be better
especially the solo is .......... "dont find the right words" biggrin.gif (its not from me but i couldnt do better)
maybe you GMCers have some ideas to spice this thing up a little bit ?
i add the song in here and would be happy for some inspirations or maybe some examples or tabs

chordprogression is
verse:
Asus2 - C - Dsus2 - Dm7/D m7#5 (i hope thats right, thats what "allguitarchords.com" say)

chorus:
A5 - G5 - F5 - G5 - A5

i will be glad for your help

greets
Harry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 11 2008, 03:07 PM
Instructor
1) Andrew is the man for theory of course, but we can all give advices if you're not clear with something just ask, we are all here to help as much as we can.
The same goes for other stuff. Yes instructors have different styles and play differently, but it is far more important to figure out what you need to practice and then find those things - regardless from instructor.

2)A mentioned above, you have to find out what you need to work on. What are your weak spots, and that fins suitable lessons for overcoming those weaknesses. It is important to go through the whole lesson briefly to check if it is the right for you of course.

3) It is not good IMO to set yourself certain time for practicing one lesson. It is better to set a goal. For example: "wanna play this lesson precise @xbpm." This is example of a goal. nobody can tell precisely how long it will take so take it easy and with patience.

Regarding your song it is interesting. I suggest putting a minim solo theme for the intro, and drums did a strange fill during intro which is littel offbeat IMO. Vocal line is cool, but I don't like the singing, singer must sing much better, clearer, and in pitch. Solo is nice and interesting I like it. Bridge in the song would have to go in somewhere as well, so it doesn't sound to repetative. Throw in another nice jazzy progression and it will be even better.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Aug 11 2008, 07:40 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (big harry @ Aug 11 2008, 03:46 AM) *
Hi folks

So now i have studied some parts of gmc and read many things from Andrew (theory), still will have to read many things again and again to understand and remember wink.gif a lot of stuff Andrew has posted huh.gif

i have tried to figure out some kind of lessons plan for me:

Theory - here i found the list of Andrew with 26 points listed, MAN who can learn that all huh.gif

Technique – Legato, alternate picking, sweep picking, tapping, shred

Chords – power chords, advanced chords, arpeggios, licks and riffs

Scales – pentatonic, major/minor scales, blues scales etc.

Effects – bending, vibrato, sliding

So these are mainly the things that i have set on my plan, and now thats the point where i would like the instructors.

1) I found out in the short time, that Andrew is the man (mainly) for theory things, so who can i get for the rest of my plan ? Can someone PLEASE give me short hint, for example Chords - Gabriel, Technique - Kris etc.

2) Do i need to explore all videos to find out where to start ? i mean i have a punch of bookmarked things but the list is very long beginning with "timing excercise", "hands synchronisation" and a lot more

3) is it good to set myself a time schedule for each lesson ? so lets say 2 or 3 weeks for one thing ?

At last i want ask for some help if possible (i am sure it is possible tongue.gif )
With my former Band i have recorded a nice song which is pretty good in my oppinion, but it could be better
especially the solo is .......... "dont find the right words" biggrin.gif (its not from me but i couldnt do better)
maybe you GMCers have some ideas to spice this thing up a little bit ?
i add the song in here and would be happy for some inspirations or maybe some examples or tabs

chordprogression is
verse:
Asus2 - C - Dsus2 - Dm7/D m7#5 (i hope thats right, thats what "allguitarchords.com" say)

chorus:
A5 - G5 - F5 - G5 - A5

i will be glad for your help

greets
Harry

what we don't know is your background - current level, which will kind of dicate where to start.

I think you need to focus on just 2 lessons initially and concentrate on them before moving on.

What I did is print out a list of the lessons from difficulty 1 through 5 (in order)and I am working through it based upon level and topics(skipping ones that don't apply). Classifying info shows up when you do searches in list view. The only difficult part is not all the lessons have all the classifying info(Such as skill taught) - I do hope GMC fills in these gaps and makes sure all lessons have the classifying info as well, since the library is getting huge and it is needed for filtering of lessons.

If all else fails - You should probably start the alt/speedpicking lessons first since that is something you will need to work on longterm. I also think Petatonics are a good place to start.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
big harry
Aug 12 2008, 08:34 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
hi again

@ Ivan
first of all thx for your reply
i have tried to figure out where my weaknesses are and i am sure there are many of those and thats why i listed some kind of lesson or practice plan

Theory
Technique
Chords
Scales

in the area exercises and theory i found some lessons which i will spot on because i have some problems with finger independece, especially on difficult chord forms, so i know that it is neccessary to improve my technique.

of course i started learning and working on scales which will improve technique also

i also started with Muris´ Timing exercise

btw. what do you mean with IMO ?

i also think that setting a goal is the better way to practice

at least i am sure that all of you are good instructors and each of you knows a lot of things but its hard for me as a newbe to set a plan which is "right", ok noone can say if its right or wrong, but i am just worrying because i have been learning "wrong" for the last 20 years, and now i want to do it "in the right way" thats why i have come here
sure it will be question of time and i know that i will NOT play like in the next few days

but i will be patient and work my way thru the lessons
so thx for now and rock on

Harry

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 12 2008, 09:34 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (big harry @ Aug 12 2008, 08:34 AM) *
hi again

@ Ivan
first of all thx for your reply
i have tried to figure out where my weaknesses are and i am sure there are many of those and thats why i listed some kind of lesson or practice plan

Theory
Technique
Chords
Scales

in the area exercises and theory i found some lessons which i will spot on because i have some problems with finger independece, especially on difficult chord forms, so i know that it is neccessary to improve my technique.

of course i started learning and working on scales which will improve technique also

i also started with Muris´ Timing exercise

btw. what do you mean with IMO ?

i also think that setting a goal is the better way to practice

at least i am sure that all of you are good instructors and each of you knows a lot of things but its hard for me as a newbe to set a plan which is "right", ok noone can say if its right or wrong, but i am just worrying because i have been learning "wrong" for the last 20 years, and now i want to do it "in the right way" thats why i have come here
sure it will be question of time and i know that i will NOT play like in the next few days

but i will be patient and work my way thru the lessons
so thx for now and rock on

Harry

That's sounds like a good plan, and if u ever have any questions,
just ask about it on the forums, and I'm sure you will find ur answer,
no matter if it's coming from a instructor or just a member... smile.gif

Oh, and IMO means "in my opinion".... I think biggrin.gif

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:28 AM