Hateful Music
maqhem
Jul 8 2010, 04:35 PM
GMC:er
Hi there smile.gif

I just joined this site a few days ago, and hoooolyyyy woooow! It's incredible! There's just so many useful lossons and about a ton of videos that I can't meet and surely never will be able to.

So I just thought I'd make my first post in the forum smile.gif

As you all might have guessed by now, I like playing guitar, but I'm not very good at it. I got my first guitar (Virgo from B. C. Rich) in January, so I'm not very experience yet. But hopefully I'll some day get so good at it that I can even ne day join you instructors here. See THAT would be cool!

The topic says "hateful music", which is what I'd like to disguss, and for you being a little confused right now, let me explain:

Hateful music is metal, but not all metal in general, actually it's only some very specific genres.
Mainly when I think of hateful music, I think of Death Metal (plus sub-genres like Brutal Death Metal, Technical Death Metal, Death/Doom Metal, Blackened Death Metal, Deathcore, Melodic Death Metal...) and Black Metal (plus sub-genres like Depressive Black Metal, Raw Black Metal, Black/Death Metal, Symphonic/Atmospheric/Melodic Black Metal, Unblack Metal, ...).
What I definately do NOT think of as hateful music is anything like Thrash Metal, Progressive Metal, Power Metal, Gothic Metal, NU Metal, Folk Metal, and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I do like a few some genres and sub-genres that are not what I define as hateful, but this topic is just about the most extreme ones, if you get me smile.gif

Now for the point of this whole thing:
I'm a beginner, and I'd love to get good at playing guitar. Where do you think I should start when I say I don't want to play pop, rock, jazz, blues, or anything like that? Let's keep it extreme and hateful wink.gif
Of course I know I shouldn't start at Level 4 or something, since I can't even meet the Level 2 yet. So, which exercises would you recommend me to have a look at at first?

Oh, and one extra thing: if I put my left hand in the position as if I was holding it on the fretboard and spread my fingers just a little, my little finger isn't going vertically anymore, it's going more diagonal! What can I do about that? It's really annoying, and it keeps me from being able to do all the finger exercises.
What can I do? Please help me.

Thanks! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- maqhem   Hateful Music   Jul 8 2010, 04:35 PM
- - Stephane Lucarelli   Nice intro man! Welcome to GMC & have lot ...   Jul 8 2010, 06:03 PM
- - fkalich   There is nothing wrong with hateful music, PROVIDE...   Jul 8 2010, 06:28 PM
- - Lian Gerbino   welcome to the site man. great selection of music ...   Jul 8 2010, 06:59 PM
- - SirJamsalot   Welcome. Are you able to upload a video of your pl...   Jul 8 2010, 07:01 PM
- - Karl-ss   Hmm Dude I suggest you check out the band Devourme...   Jul 8 2010, 07:19 PM
- - Azzaboi   Welcome to GMC, glad ya enjoying it, need to add a...   Jul 8 2010, 08:29 PM
- - JamesT   In the beginning I used to remind myself to always...   Jul 8 2010, 08:43 PM
- - Fran   Welcome aboard! Cool introduction If you are...   Jul 8 2010, 08:58 PM
- - thefireball   Welcome! I'm not really a metalhead - I li...   Jul 9 2010, 12:06 AM
- - maqhem   Everyone, THANKS for your replies!! I appr...   Jul 9 2010, 12:37 AM
- - Adrian Figallo   welcome brother!! would be cool to see a v...   Jul 9 2010, 03:28 AM
- - maqhem   @Adrian Figallo Thank you!! You know what?...   Jul 9 2010, 03:59 AM
- - CathShadow   Hey man, welcome to GMC!! Love this commu...   Jul 9 2010, 08:16 AM
- - Vasilije Vukmirovic   Welcome mate! Yeah, there is quite a lot of hi...   Jul 9 2010, 10:06 PM
- - Azzaboi   Glad it helped out, if you do hammer ons and pull ...   Jul 10 2010, 02:43 AM
- - Gitarrero   Welcome to GMC! As Fran aloready said, I sugge...   Jul 11 2010, 08:33 AM
- - Bogdan Radovic   You've got many awesome tips already. I would ...   Jul 11 2010, 12:46 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Welcome aboard man! I'm not sure about t...   Jul 14 2010, 10:27 PM
- - maqhem   Hey guys I just want to add that I've taken ...   Jul 19 2010, 08:19 PM
- - Daniel Realpe   THe more extreme the music, the less time you don...   Jul 21 2010, 04:30 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:34 PM