5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Jazz Progression In C, Open for anyone
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 10 2007, 03:47 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sure thing David - here it is:

It's a jazz progression in C major based on the common I VI II V I run. In this case the chords are CM7, Am9, Am7, Dm9, Dm7, G9, Dm6/9 (or G13 with no root), Bb9, Fm6/9 (Bb13 no root) and CM7. 4 bars of I, 4 of VI, 4 II and 2 of V plus 2 of I before it loops. First CM7 uses two different voicings of the M7th, one with the B as the upper note (as an Em triad over C bass) and one as the standard 8th position CM7. Standard 4/4 in 122 bpm.

Cheers,
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 10 2007, 04:59 PM
GMC:er
Thanks tony, should be able to have some fun with that. II-V-Is are always nice to solo over in Jazz!
Do we have a backing track somewhere?
I'll give it a bash when I get home from work.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 10 2007, 05:10 PM
Np David - the full backing track is the attached file at the bottom of post no. 1 - the one called GMC Jazz Collaboration.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 12 2007, 10:28 PM
Heres my bash at it, it was the first take I played and it kinda worked so I thought I may aswel stop while I'm winning smile.gif

Attached File  GMC_Jazz_Collab_1.mp3 ( 432.98K ) Number of downloads: 148

Attached File  GMC_Jazz_Collab_1_Guitar_Only.mp3 ( 432.98K ) Number of downloads: 163

Hope ya like!
David

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 13 2007, 12:46 AM
Instructor
Nice take David. smile.gif

Tony, sorry for hijacking wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 13 2007, 12:54 AM
NP at all Muris, I'm more then happy for people to make comments as we go along- I'm just holding off until the closing date smile.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 13 2007, 01:07 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Dec 12 2007, 11:46 PM) *
Nice take David. smile.gif

Tony, sorry for hijacking wink.gif

Thanks Muris biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 17 2007, 01:37 AM
How many takes are we still awaiting? I'm eager to hear this one.
Its gonna be smooooth y'all! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 17 2007, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Here my little contribution. I tried to keep it as interesting as possible taking in consider that there is just one key center.

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Dec 17 2007, 03:02 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  jazz_g_b.mp3 ( 559.72K ) Number of downloads: 82
Attached File  jazz_g.mp3 ( 559.72K ) Number of downloads: 59

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 19 2007, 12:48 AM
Cheers Ivan smile.gif .

Closing day is Xmas day David - so a few more days to wait I'm afraid - plus a couple more for me to assemble my daughter's Polly Pocket Airplane and Runway toy before I can remix the contributions rolleyes.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Dec 19 2007, 12:57 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 19 2007, 08:48 AM) *
plus a couple more for me to assemble my daughter's Polly Pocket Airplane and Runway toy before I can remix the contributions rolleyes.gif .

Haha - do you have an engineering degree - those toys can be challenging!
I will have my contribution in soon, just got to get some time to finish the recording. smile.gif
This is my first collaboration so be gentle with me - oh what the hey - I can take it, be harsh! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 19 2007, 07:09 PM
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Dec 19 2007, 12:57 AM) *
Haha - do you have an engineering degree - those toys can be challenging!
I will have my contribution in soon, just got to get some time to finish the recording. smile.gif
This is my first collaboration so be gentle with me - oh what the hey - I can take it, be harsh! laugh.gif

Well if it proves to be a real pain I'll take out my frustrations on you guys laugh.gif tongue.gif wink.gif .

And from experience it doesn't help when my daughter decides to 'help' part way through rolleyes.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Dec 30 2007, 07:27 AM
Oh gosh - I've just remembered this collab! I hope I'm not too late - I'll finish off the track and upload it asap, but if it's too late Tony don't worry about including mine...

--------------------

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 1 2008, 05:12 AM
OK Muris - pop your beret back on and have a listen tongue.gif
All comments very welcome - good bad and ugly inclusive...

Attached File  jazzPlayAllDay_BT.mp3 ( 867.06K ) Number of downloads: 132

Attached File  jazzPlayAllDay_guitar_only.mp3 ( 902.57K ) Number of downloads: 125

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 1 2008, 11:41 AM
NP PlayAllDay,
I'm only just back on line after a much more hectic XMas then I thought.

So apologies for the delay guys. I'll download the collabs today and go through them over the next couple of days smile.gif .

Cheers all for taking part.

Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 1 2008, 01:41 PM
Oh thank goodness!
I forgot that I forgot about finishing the upload and then when I remembered to start again I got distracted and forgot - then I forgot that I forgot and luckily I remembered that I forgot - just in time it seems tongue.gif
Now what was I doing? I seem to have forgotten blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 1 2008, 03:16 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Jan 1 2008, 07:41 AM) *
Oh thank goodness!
I forgot that I forgot about finishing the upload and then when I remembered to start again I got distracted and forgot - then I forgot that I forgot and luckily I remembered that I forgot - just in time it seems tongue.gif
Now what was I doing? I seem to have forgotten blink.gif

Sorry Tony, I didn't make the deadline - got caught up in moving and would have needed a lot of time to pick up some Jazz licks as it just doesn't flow naturally sad.gif

Some nice licks there PAD smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 2 2008, 03:20 AM
Thanks Andrew biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:19 AM