3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Where's The Guitar Music Heading?
JTaylor
Jun 9 2012, 10:07 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Wow Cosmin! You have opened the proverbial can of worms on this one! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Everything from sell-outs, to pretty girls, islands, economic crisis, statistical figures,.... you name it, it's in there! However, my response the original question: I have no idea where guitar music is heading. I care but, as I only play for fun, it does not matter to me as much as it does most on this site. If I live to be 100, I will still be listening to my Dokken and Ratt, regardless of where guitar music is then. Maybe I'll even listen to new Metallica (new to me meaning "post 1994) biggrin.gif
As far as my original post on this concerning the turn Metallica's music took? Well, I don't like it. But, that does not mean it is not good or creative. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2012, 10:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jun 9 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Wow Cosmin! You have opened the proverbial can of worms on this one! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Everything from sell-outs, to pretty girls, islands, economic crisis, statistical figures,.... you name it, it's in there! However, my response the original question: I have no idea where guitar music is heading. I care but, as I only play for fun, it does not matter to me as much as it does most on this site. If I live to be 100, I will still be listening to my Dokken and Ratt, regardless of where guitar music is then. Maybe I'll even listen to new Metallica (new to me meaning "post 1994) biggrin.gif
As far as my original post on this concerning the turn Metallica's music took? Well, I don't like it. But, that does not mean it is not good or creative. laugh.gif

Hehehe wink.gif well said mate! As long as you are enjoying music, I think it's less important what was used to create i, but what it managed to transmit.

Of course, I give more than a rat's bottom about what's happening in the industry, but I think that guitar music is not that easy to kill, right? As long as there are people fascinated with it, it will never die biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 11 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 10 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Of course, I give more than a rat's bottom about what's happening in the industry, but I think that guitar music is not that easy to kill, right? As long as there are people fascinated with it, it will never die biggrin.gif

No, it will never die. It never died during grunge either, it just wasn't centre stage in the media any more that's all, but it was always there and always will be biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 11 2012, 09:02 AM
GMC:er
Do you want to know where Guitar Music is headed? Here you go, the "Sound of Tomorrow".

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2012, 04:13 PM
Instructor
HA! This is not available in my country... sad.gif can you please post another link mate?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:44 AM