Pictures Of My Show Last Night
SirJamsalot
Nov 4 2011, 09:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
I played a 45 minute set last night - it was a really fun show - my first "indoor" show actually - I've been doing open mics now for the past 2 months every Tuesday night and thought I had shaken most off the nervousness that sets in, but was pretty taken back when I actually started setting up on stage. I realized I didn't warm up, and all the time I had allotted for myself before the show for warming up and setting up was taken away from me by passers-by saying hi and striking up conversations - I didn't plan on that happening smile.gif Live and learn

here are the pictures.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/19904138_Wc...6450494_xzbwGtf

I realize that I need a good 15 minutes (at least) by myself before a show to warm up and go over the set in my mind because when you get up on stage, everything's a blur.

Another thing that I wasn't prepared for was the seating - I expected an open floor with a standing audience - kind of like the open mic I attend. Instead, there were ten rows of seats all facing ... me! at that point, I realized I was going to be the center of attention because I'm also the singer! and an unprepared one at that! haha.

it went well, but boy - did I need a few beers after the show to unwind.

A quick comment about the pictures and I'll stop bending your ear.

My daughter (12 years old) is the photographer! She grabbed my wife's 2K dollar Canon and shot the show. Because of the stage lights, I couldn't see what was going on, but at one point, I caught a blur go by - I looked down and saw my daughter sliding about 10 feet on her knees, then point the camera up and started shooting pics of me. See if you can find the picture of me looking down directly into the camera. She's such a ham - and very talented to boot! That kind of brightened me up on stage to see that happen - smile.gif

Enjoy! I did!
Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 03:16 PM