Need Help For A English Project
edguy
Sep 22 2009, 04:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys,

tomorrow i have to make a little presentation about an english newspaper article. Do you know any good article about actual news which i can use for the presentation. After my little introduction of the article i have to start a discussion about it so it should be a topic where many people can talk about.

Thanks for your help!

Edguy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by edguy: Sep 22 2009, 04:42 PM

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 22 2009, 04:48 PM
GMC:er
This is the WEBSITE for England's most popular Daily Paper!
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Frej10
Sep 22 2009, 04:50 PM
QUOTE (edguy @ Sep 22 2009, 05:38 PM) *
Hey guys,

tomorrow i have to make a little presentation about an english newspaper article. Do you know any good article about actual news which i can use for the presentation. After my little introduction of the article i have to start a discussion about it so it should be a topic where many people can talk about.

Thanks for your help!

Edguy

http://www.economist.com/ is great site with a lot of good articles !

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 22 2009, 04:59 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 22 2009, 05:48 PM) *
This is the WEBSITE for England's most popular Daily Paper!
biggrin.gif

Hahah i forgot to mention that we aren't allowed to use the SUN biggrin.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 22 2009, 05:07 PM
QUOTE (edguy @ Sep 22 2009, 04:59 PM) *

hahaha!!!! biggrin.gif

I'll list some other English Papers for you!!
The Times.
The Guardian.
The Daily Mail.
The Daily Express.
The Daily Mirror.
The Daily Star.
The Independent.

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Sep 22 2009, 05:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 22 2009, 05:22 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 22 2009, 06:07 PM) *
hahaha!!!! biggrin.gif

Do you want me to list some other English Papers for you?

Hey,

yeah that would be cool. or maybe you know an intersting news happend in the last week.

Thanks

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 22 2009, 05:32 PM
Just added a list to the previous post!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 22 2009, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks i will read a lot of newspaper tonight after my workout in the gym biggrin.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 22 2009, 06:13 PM
No worries!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 22 2009, 06:18 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (edguy @ Sep 22 2009, 03:59 PM) *

Quite right to smile.gif .

'The Sun' isn't a newspaper, it's vitriolic, sensationalist, gutter journalism at its worst and I wouldn't even have a copy if they paid me to take it. (The astute amongst you may have worked out by now that I really don't like 'The Sun'.)

'The Mirror' seems to be drifting that way despite having an illustrious past in investigative reporting back in the 60s and 70s with people like John Pilger but at least 'The Mirror' hasn't yet plumbed the depths of 'The Sun'.

'Express' and 'Mail' - right wing sensationalism that aims at soft targets.

So I'd suggest that your best bets there are the broadsheets - Times, Guardian and Independent.

Big story today is China finally progressing on climate change by agreeing to finally set a target to reduce its CO2 emissions.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Sep 22 2009, 06:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 22 2009, 07:18 PM) *
Quite right to smile.gif .

'The Sun' isn't a newspaper, it's vitriolic, sensationalist, gutter journalism at its worst and I wouldn't even have a copy if they paid me to take it. (The astute amongst you may have worked out by now that I really don't like 'The Sun'.)

'The Mirror' seems to be drifting that way despite having an illustrious past in investigative reporting back in the 60s and 70s with people like John Pilger but at least 'The Mirror' hasn't yet plumbed the depths of 'The Sun'.

'Express' and 'Mail' - right wing sensationalism that aims at soft targets.

So I'd suggest that your best bets there are the broadsheets - Times, Guardian and Independent.

Big story today is China finally progressing on climate change by agreeing to finally set a target to reduce its CO2 emissions.

yeah, i totaly agree with you... we have a "newspaper" like this in germany too... unbelievable stupid. thats a fairy tale and there a so much people reading this crap every day...

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 22 2009, 08:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Sep 22 2009, 07:39 PM) *
yeah, i totaly agree with you... we have a "newspaper" like this in germany too... unbelievable stupid. thats a fairy tale and there a so much people reading this crap every day...

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Are you talking about BILD laugh.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Sep 23 2009, 06:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

haha, some german here!

i hate BILD!!!!

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Sep 23 2009, 06:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
twist
Sep 23 2009, 12:11 PM
Thank god they loose readers continous over the last years...

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Sep 23 2009, 08:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
cool, i dont know that... im very happy about hearing this...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:30 PM