Guitar And Climbing, does it interfere with playing
ItsMe
Oct 21 2008, 07:39 PM
GMC:er
Just wanted to know if there are any other climbers here. I climbed quite allot but 2 years ago stopped and got fat. Now I started again and go bouldering every night after work and when I don't work on the weekends I go to NH and do some climbing. My fingers got so much stronger gain, but I don't really know if I get slower and less agile now. I don't really have the impression. Anyway if you climb too, let me know what you think

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 21 2008, 07:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 21 2008, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have tried climb on some walls but i am so scared of hights i dont want to do it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 21 2008, 07:43 PM
I can barely climb out of bed most days laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 21 2008, 07:46 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 21 2008, 07:43 PM) *
I can barely climb out of bed most days laugh.gif

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 21 2008, 07:47 PM
I must admit I would love to climb though. I like caving and walking and gorge walking etc so should climb a bit more. I need to stay fit a bit more smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 21 2008, 07:55 PM
It's the most awesome way to work out. You get fitt in just a couple of days. But you can easily hurt yourself if you don't stretch and warm up.

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 21 2008, 08:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
Just responded to your post on my topic, but had to reply here too smile.gif Those video links look amazing! I would love to get into rock climbing at some point in the future. The scenery looked fantastic.

Had a go at climbing Uluru while I was in Australia, which was far too scary at the time. No grip what so ever on that sandy rock, and the climbing cable was about 12 inches off the ground! Back breaker. Once the angle of ascent was above about 50 degree's I got scared, and made my way back down smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 21 2008, 08:22 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I tried climbing with a friend on a few ocassions, and wondered the same thing about strengthening the fingers so much & guitar, I'd like to know the answer too.

But for me it's not a problem anymore, I'm afraid of heights and hanging from a rope, so I quit. A shame, because it seems like a really fun thing to do (if I wasn't afraid). One thing that I didn't like is that you can hurt yourself easily climbing: twist/force a finger specially (at least when you are a noob climber like I was), so I had to be quite careful when doing it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 21 2008, 08:29 PM
Yes, injuries are quite common. Most of my friends sprained or tore tendons and muscles. I never really hurt myself. Other than some backpain after jumping off from 4m from a boulder. I jumped on the crash pads but it still hurts once in a while.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmm9RZe3Pmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy42ndIUHrA

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=UlcQ3mxlNfs

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 21 2008, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 21 2008, 08:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, awesome videos, I got to share them with my climber friend, just amazing.
Second one is so scary.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 21 2008, 08:58 PM
Yes you can really tell how she starts to doubt that she will stay in the route. It's a really mental thing. After she doesn't manage to lay the cam ( a clamp that ancors itself in the rock with the help of a spring mechanism. you clip two carabines witch a sling into the cam and than you clip your rope in one of the carabines. puuuuh you're safe for a minute, and than the scare starts again) she doesn't really know what to do. when you start getting scared or loose focus you're finished. Such a fall can end badly, even though you have a rope.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:22 AM