3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Mesa-boogie Triaxis Preamp
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2008, 03:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 14 2008, 03:37 AM) *
It actually has preamp sections of some famous Mesa amps like MKIII,MKIV etc.
So it's not modeling stuff but owner of all those preamps,sort of speech.
But to get identical tone as on those amps you have to use the same power section and same cab.
But as for preamp section,they putted all into Triaxis plus full MIDI support,quite cool.
What is more amazing that it's all in 1HE!?!?! blink.gif
You can check picture of "open" unit,it's a war down there. laugh.gif

Wow great stuff Muris, I thought it's some kind of modelling unit, but that is a real/deal Mesa all stars preamp collection. You chose wisely you gear man wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 16 2008, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Thanks Ivan. smile.gif

It is great piece of gear indeed,price isn't that great to be honest sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 18 2008, 12:34 AM
Instructor
Well, considering what you've bought it's a great piece of machinery. Look it like this - what would you use today if you didn't bought?

Offtopic P.S. do you still considering buying that Roadking?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 18 2008, 03:53 AM
Instructor
I have considered getting a triaxis preamp, but never had the chance to try one.

I'm using a JMP-1.. anyone tried both the triaxis and jmp-1 and can give a comparison?

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 18 2008, 06:22 AM
Instructor
Hi Trond smile.gif

I tried both and all I can say is this,JMP-1 is Marshall sound,Triaxis is more like Mesa sound.
This won't help you much tho,I know,you really have to try it by yourself. smile.gif

But I do know something else,many heavy players who play mostly ultra high gain(digital units)
don't like Triaxis that much,it's analog unit and you can't hide yourself(mostly mistakes) behind tons of gain,
if you know what I mean. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 18 2008, 07:16 AM
Instructor
Hehe.. i know exactly what you mean smile.gif
I'm a metalhead, but i've never been much fan of the ultra-high gain sounds. I dont even set the JMP to full gain on the heavy sounds.

I have had a Marshall in some form or another since day 1, and i love the sound and feel of them.. but i also want to try something new for a change. I guess i have to take trips to the local shops and see if they have a triaxis in the stores smile.gif

Argh..choices, choices!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 18 2008, 07:23 AM
Instructor
Yeah,always something new to think of! smile.gif

Back on that high gain stuff again,Triaxis won't give you that "monster" gain like some digi units,
you're only moving your fingers and notes come out.
I'm sure that similar thing is with JMP-1 as well,you have to PLAY every note
and that's what we all like,good control. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 18 2008, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Yeapp, control is vital smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 11 2008, 08:19 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I have one more information about the Triaxis that might be important for everybody who is thinking about getting this killer Preamp. There are 3 different versions of the Triaxis, versions 1.0 (the original), version 2.0 (the ONLY version that has the Rectifier mode included) and the up to date version 3.0, in which the Rectifier was removed again. So if you are interested in the Triaxis and you want the version that includes the Rectifier, you have to look for version 2.0 on eBay, the one that you can buy in the shops today doesn't offer this anymore. Besides this I 100% agree with Muris review.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 11 2008, 09:00 PM
Instructor
Thanks for input Marcus. smile.gif
I guess this version 3.0 is so called PHAT version,without Rectifier?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 11 2008, 10:55 PM
Instructor
Why in the world would they exlude the rectifier form this new version??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 12 2008, 10:15 AM
The Phat version was already introduced with version 2.0, I know this because this is exactly what I have, Version 2.0 incl. Rectifier and phat mod smile.gif I don't know if version 3.0 still has the phat mod, but at least I didn't hear anything about this one being removed too, so I guess the up to date version is still phat wink.gif The Rectifier was removed by Boogie on purpose for one single reason... people bought too many Triaxis and not enough Rectifier heads anymore tongue.gif (no, I am not kidding) As far as I know it was replaced by a new lead mod based on a Mark IV head, but I am not absolutely sure about this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dave Rock
Mar 12 2008, 10:56 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 12 2008, 10:15 AM) *
The Rectifier was removed by Boogie on purpose for one single reason... people bought too many Triaxis and not enough Rectifier heads anymore tongue.gif

Almost right ... people didn't buy the rectifier recording pre-amp wink.gif
And there is logic in there. Why buy a pre-amp that only nails the recto sound, if you can buy (second hand) a pre-amp that almost nails the recto sound and then 7 other modes for the same cash smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 12 2008, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Ahh,I mixed PHAT mode and version 3.0,thanks for explaining guys! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 12 2008, 08:02 PM
Singing Instructor
little leight,but great review Muris...

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dave Rock @ Mar 12 2008, 10:56 AM) *
And there is logic in there. Why buy a pre-amp that only nails the recto sound, if you can buy (second hand) a pre-amp that almost nails the recto sound and then 7 other modes for the same cash smile.gif

WHat do you mean "almost", I thought Triaxis nails them perfectly like the original preamps?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 12 2008, 10:54 PM
QUOTE (Dave Rock @ Mar 12 2008, 10:56 AM) *

I have both, but the Triaxis is way better than the Recording Pre wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Mar 13 2008, 12:25 AM
Instructor
Hey Marcus! i'm watching the "Imaginations..." DVD right now and i can't believe how good the distortion sound is - it's both powerful and so clean and crunchy! Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? Amps - effects - preamps? Thanks a lot smile.gif

EDIT: oh, ignore that - i found your blog and found your rack and gear! smile.gif Great stuff and awesome sound smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Mar 13 2008, 12:28 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Dave Rock
Mar 13 2008, 08:47 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 12 2008, 09:19 PM) *
WHat do you mean "almost", I thought Triaxis nails them perfectly like the original preamps?

Yes, but a big part of a sound is also the poweramp. A triaxis on recto mode + a 2:90 sounds almost as a full blown recto, but there are subtle differences. A triaxis on IIC+ mode with a 2:90 sounds almost as a real IIC+, but still there are subtle differences. You want recto sound, buy a recto head smile.gif Want real mark sound, buy a mark. Want flexibility, lots of sounds that are very close but not perfect the same, buy a triaxis

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 13 2008, 09:58 AM
QUOTE (Dave Rock @ Mar 13 2008, 08:47 AM) *
Yes, but a big part of a sound is also the poweramp. A triaxis on recto mode + a 2:90 sounds almost as a full blown recto, but there are subtle differences. A triaxis on IIC+ mode with a 2:90 sounds almost as a real IIC+, but still there are subtle differences. You want recto sound, buy a recto head smile.gif Want real mark sound, buy a mark. Want flexibility, lots of sounds that are very close but not perfect the same, buy a triaxis

+1 wink.gif

@ Pavel: I was just about to give you the address to my blog so you could check out my gear wink.gif As you can see it is a rather simple but very effectlive setup, I don't really need anything else besides those things to get "my" sound. I just don't like those huge racks with billions of effects, they are way too sensitive to be taken on tour, one small cable defect somewhere in the setup and you are in big problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:24 PM