Quick Lick
Roko
Nov 9 2008, 08:14 AM
GMC:er
Want to impress your friends even if you can barely play a C chord?
Want women groveling at your feet even if you can't get through a Green Day song?
Well, look no further than this quick lick. In half an hour of quick practice, you can take this riff anywhere and adapt it to anything. Let's look at its specs first: it's in the key of Emin. There is no set tempo, because it is a lick, and not a proper song. Here's the entire lick, then I'll break it down.

E|----------------12----------------------------12----------------------------------------------|
B|-----------2/12--12-15btr17-12---------12-------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------14btr16-------14btr16--12-------------------------------|
D|--------2-------------------------------------------------------14-13-12---------------------|
A|--------2------------------------------------------------------------------14-13-12----------|
E|---/--\-0----------------------------------------------------------------------------15-12\0--|

BTR=Bend then Release
/--\: Non-Important Slide (Slide starts anywhere and end anywhere. For this, I go from 0 to 12)

This can really be done in any minor pentatonic situation.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Quick_Lick.wmv ( 7.84MB ) Number of downloads: 345

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Nov 17 2008, 08:59 PM
cool lick smile.gif

is that the epiphone black beauty?? ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 17 2008, 09:20 PM
Instructor
one of the first licks I learned, very cool mate biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Nov 17 2008, 09:43 PM
Cool lick, I like your idea for a 'quick lick'. Keep 'em comin' brother!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Nov 17 2008, 10:15 PM
Great enthusiasm mate, however I got some tips and guidelines.

You should work on your bends, as none of them were in the correct pitch.
This makes it sound very sloppy, and not too welcoming.

Secondly there was not really any progression to the lick at all.
I would suggest that you practise it in advance, and make a structurized way of pulling it off, before you advice others to copy your work, as I find it a bit misleading.

Again, it's great fun and also showing huge goodwill to the community, so keep it up!
Hope you don't get defensive, but rather try to work on it, as it will definitely make you post better stuff in the future.

Best of luck man smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:49 AM