Metallica's New Album
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Hey guys!! Check out this news from Blabbermouth.net

"METALLICA's Next Album Will Contain 'Shorter, More To-The-Point"

Last fall, METALLICA started writing the studio follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic", working from riffs and licks taped during the band's tuning-room jams over the past three years of touring.

"We're about seven, eight songs into it," METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich tells Rolling Stone magazine about the record, which will once again be produced by Rick Rubin. "We do it in rounds. We come up with something, we leave it, go to the next thing, come up with something basic, leave it and circle back around. Next month we'll go back and start embellishing: 'Let's double that one part and come up with a middle bit.'"

continues here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=168036

What do you think???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
PeteLucifersAnge...
Jan 12 2012, 12:40 PM
Learning Roadie
well... im kinda excited biggrin.gif as long as it is better than Lulu i guess i wont be disapointed xD

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 12 2012, 12:49 PM
Instructor
Well, I'm always going to be interested in a new Metallica album ! cool.gif

I think it could be great... I hope they get the production sound right this time around though. When you consider the Black album, Load and Reload are many years old, they sounded MASSIVE !

What they've done with Rick Rubin and this Fedelman Enginneer guy sounds very poor in comparison. If it's going to be shorter, groovier then they will benefit from a big, fat sound cool.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 12 2012, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2012, 03:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 12 2012, 08:49 AM) *
Well, I'm always going to be interested in a new Metallica album ! cool.gif

I think it could be great... I hope they get the production sound right this time around though. When you consider the Black album, Load and Reload are many years old, they sounded MASSIVE !

What they've done with Rick Rubin and this Fedelman Enginneer guy sounds very poor in comparison. If it's going to be shorter, groovier then they will benefit from a big, fat sound cool.gif

God point! I think that the sound that they got in their latest albums is because of the speed of the songs. The black album and load had slower songs and that's why the sound is fat and big. The last album has the style of the old stuff with some fast songs, I suspect that this is the reason why they got a different sound. BTW I prefer the Black Album sound much more.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 12 2012, 06:49 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Looking forward to it. I'm sure they'll play 2 or 3 new songs during their tour this year, so I'll hear what the new stuff sounds like in June.
In general, I am always looking forward to a new Metallica album...though I didn't check Lulu, tbh...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 12 2012, 06:51 PM
Instructor
That's an interesting news, it will be cool to listen to the new album and the songs they can come up with after all these years.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:25 PM