Hi For Norway, me, myself and my guitar:P
xSK8ANx
Aug 22 2007, 08:24 PM
GMC:er
Hi, I´m Kjetil from Stavanger (Norway) born in 77. I just recently found GMC at GuitarWorlds website and signed up right away;)

I´ve been playing guitar since the summer of 2006..
Ok.. I played guitar for about 1 year when I was 14, but I only played powercords in a punkband till my skateboard broke..
Then I sold my guitar to buy a new skateboard, and started just singing in the band insted.
I´ve also played drums and done vocals for many years in diffrent bands.

But when GUITAR HERO came out for playstation in europe spring 06, I played it all day for about 3 months. Then I tought to myself. If I can spend so much time on a fake guitar, I might just as well spend it on a real guitar!! and that is why I´m here.... to finally learn how to shred;)

I still skateboard and I work out alot, but GUITAR is my main thing now.

I´ve made some songs and are saving up for drums so I can record the drumtracks, cause I hate using drumprograms.

My guitar gear:
- RANDALL V2 amp
- BOSS GT8 effectboard
- IBANEZ XPT700 (xiphos) red camelon with activator pickups
- DEAN DIME RAZORBACK two2one with Dimarzio X2N pickup in birdge & Humbucker from hell in neck
- LTD ec50 with Dimarzio X2N pickup in birdge & Humbucker from hell in neck.

Dimarzio X2N pickup is in my ears the nr1 metal pickup;)

Stay Metal!!
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Robin
Aug 22 2007, 08:32 PM
Welcome smile.gif

Your Dean guitar is hawt!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
xSK8ANx
Aug 22 2007, 08:41 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 22 2007, 09:32 PM) *
Welcome smile.gif

Your Dean guitar is hawt!

ThanX biggrin.gif
If your thinking on buying on keep in mind: The vibsystem on the china versions is crap (there is no way the guitar will stay in tune) so I had to replace it with a original floyd rose, and now it works perfect:)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 22 2007, 09:09 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (xSK8ANx @ Aug 22 2007, 03:41 PM) *
ThanX biggrin.gif
If your thinking on buying on keep in mind: The vibsystem on the china versions is crap (there is no way the guitar will stay in tune) so I had to replace it with a original floyd rose, and now it works perfect:)

Welcome, let us know if you have any questions!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
xSK8ANx
Aug 22 2007, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 22 2007, 10:09 PM) *
Welcome, let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks Andrew:)
I'm kinda into theory and I've been reading Fretboard Logic lately, so there might be coming up some questions from me soon;)

regards
Kjetil

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 22 2007, 11:27 PM
QUOTE (xSK8ANx @ Aug 22 2007, 06:23 PM) *
Thanks Andrew:)
I'm kinda into theory and I've been reading Fretboard Logic lately, so there might be coming up some questions from me soon;)

regards
Kjetil

Excellent smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Jeff
Aug 22 2007, 11:56 PM
Welcome! I like the lamp guitar stand! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 23 2007, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 22 2007, 10:27 PM) *
Excellent smile.gif

(that was the first thing that came in mind, just had to tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
xSK8ANx
Aug 23 2007, 04:38 AM
QUOTE (jeff @ Aug 23 2007, 12:56 AM) *
Welcome! I like the lamp guitar stand! biggrin.gif

Thanx, I made it myself.

I just bought a doll and made a hole in her neck for the lamp;)

Her name is Lula by the way and I stole some cloths from my girlfriend to dress her;) hahaha

+Quote Post
Jeff
Aug 23 2007, 04:51 AM
QUOTE (xSK8ANx @ Aug 22 2007, 10:38 PM) *
Thanx, I made it myself.

I just bought a doll and made a hole in her neck for the lamp;)

Her name is Lula by the way and I stole some cloths from my girlfriend to dress her;) hahaha
I may steal that idea and make my own if you don't mind. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 05:08 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 22 2007, 07:56 PM) *

(that was the first thing that came in mind, just had to tongue.gif )

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 23 2007, 07:51 AM
The Dark Canuck
Hey Welcome man....I'm also a '77 child and I've only been playing for 2 yrs. Nice to see I wasn't the only late bloomer....this place is the best you'll have loads of fun and the people are awesome. See ya around the forum. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 23 2007, 08:04 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Hi and welcome.

Gee 1977 - I was going to Eric's in Liverpool to see The Damned, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Joy Division and the like and to the Phil for Jazz. Now I feel really old ohmy.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
xSK8ANx
Aug 24 2007, 03:03 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Aug 23 2007, 08:51 AM) *
Hey Welcome man....I'm also a '77 child and I've only been playing for 2 yrs. Nice to see I wasn't the only late bloomer....this place is the best you'll have loads of fun and the people are awesome. See ya around the forum. smile.gif

hi rokchik:)
That´s great to hear:) It feels abit wierd to have all these kids playing my ass off... and it really feels better to not be the only one;)

LateBloomers Revenge!;) hahahhaha
Kjetil

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 23 2007, 09:04 AM) *
Hi and welcome.

Gee 1977 - I was going to Eric's in Liverpool to see The Damned, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Joy Division and the like and to the Phil for Jazz. Now I feel really old ohmy.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Thanx for the warm welcome:)
Being older might just be a good thing, cause you got to see all these awsome bands live;)

Rock on!
Kjetil

QUOTE (jeff @ Aug 23 2007, 05:51 AM) *
I may steal that idea and make my own if you don't mind. biggrin.gif

No problem.. just make someone film you when you run out of the store with a doll under your arm and put it on youtube;) hahahhaha

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 24 2007, 03:10 AM
Hah! Whippersnappers! I've got 10 years on both of you!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Gen
Aug 24 2007, 03:17 AM
Welcome!
Damn...i want the same dean razorback... biggrin.gif
just beautiful
enjoy your stay! smile.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 25 2007, 03:51 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome !Im impressive setup you got there. biggrin.gif
Bye the way guys, your all making me feel very young - thanks tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
xSK8ANx
Aug 26 2007, 12:05 AM
QUOTE (Gen @ Aug 24 2007, 04:17 AM) *
Welcome!
Damn...i want the same dean razorback... biggrin.gif
just beautiful
enjoy your stay! smile.gif

Yeah, it´s a great guitar but, the Ibanez is better to play (got faster neck) wink.gif
But then agian, the razorback got better vibsystem and pickups after I replaced them with new ones.

So I LOVE em both biggrin.gif

The Ltd-ec50 (that I repainted to make it look fuckt up) I got for free cause there was a minor crack on the Razorback.

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 25 2007, 04:51 PM) *
Welcome !Im impressive setup you got there. biggrin.gif
Bye the way guys, your all making me feel very young - thanks tongue.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 26 2007, 03:04 AM
Instructor
Welcome !!! yeah, enjoy the lessons !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 26 2007, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Great to have you here man,
77 is a good year I think. :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:25 AM