Ibanez Edge Iii - Part 2 (rg370dx), Oh Boy.....
WTN
Nov 20 2007, 07:33 PM
GMC:er
This is near the end of the first part:

QUOTE(RobM @ Nov 19 2007, 06:24 AM)

Well, IMHO it's going to be pretty hard to try and convince them that the thing came that way(not saying that you would do that), so I guess the only other thing to do is try and get a replacement. Hopefully they don't give you any trouble as they probably could say it's a warranty issue and try and make you get it repaired thru Ibanez(although most places have a short time span in which you can return the product, no questions asked). Please keep us informed as to what happens with this(I would like to know how this thing turns out).

I just requested an RMA. I explained in detail what happened. The guitar did not come this way. I actually had it in tune (took a while). I let it sit overnight to let things settle - I made some intonation and string height adjustments. The next morning I really gave the wammy a workout - deep dives, etc. Then it went out of tune and I could not get it back in tune. Took the back cover off and the bottom screw had lost it's hold. I could not believe it. I also could not believe how small these two wood screws are. I was thinking about fixing it, but if I did there goes the warranty. And seeing as how I have not even plugged it in what if something else was wrong. The wife said don't touch it - send it back.

I am actually getting another RG370 - will give it another shot. Will be here tomorrow. I think I got a lemon.

Here is Zzounds reply to my RMA request: (I told them everything in the above paragraph):

Unfortunately in this case, Ibanez will need to determine if the services performed not by an authorized luthier does not void the warranty. Generally speaking, any wood modifications even as minimal as a screw puling out, is often warranty voiding. If you can contact Ibanez on the damage at 800-669-4226 to confirm, please take the name an extension of the associate approving this warranty. We are very sorry for the hassle this causes.

My first reaction was WTF - "as soon as the screw pulled out the warranty was voided" Your Joking right?

I called them on the phone. Let me backtrack a bit - I also explained to them that when I took the back cover off and saw the lower screw had pulled itself out of the wood that naturally the top screw was holding ALL the spring pressure. Well, I did what any sane person would do - I backed the top screw out all the way to take all the pressure off the springs. I did not want the top screw to be pulled out also and further screw the guitar up. So they said as soon as I did that, then I probably voided the warranty.

I was passed on to a supervisor. Explained all the above. He agreed that I did the common sense thing by removing the top screw, but I had to call Ibanez and get an approval over the phone that I did not void the warranty - I remained calm (very hard to do). So I call Ibanez and of course they say they cannot do that without seeing the guitar. Fine - goodbye. Call Zzounds back and relay the news.

They are sending me a shipping label for the return and will refund my money. I knew they would make it right - just took a while. I also leveled with the supervisor and told him I ordered another RG370DX that will be delivered today. I changed colors - original was the red,white,black combo, but I went with the blue and Zzounds was out of those 'till 11/30. He understood completely. (plus the plain blue is $90 cheaper)

When the new one gets here, I'll be back with the results. (Am I having fun yet?)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:00 PM