Overwhelmed, sometimes i get overwhelemed
Outlaw2112
Mar 12 2008, 05:23 AM
GMC:er
Seems like there is never enough time to practice all the things i want to in the day... After i get home from work, and eat , seems like there is soo much to learn and never enough time to learn all i want to... ill stay up playing 3-6 hours a night and still not feel like i practiced all i want to.. then wake up in the morning struggling to get up and stay awake at work... then when i get off i do the same thing and stay up... sometimes i just feel overwhelmed at all the stuff i want to learn
Does anyone else feel the same?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Khaos Keith
Mar 12 2008, 05:33 AM
everyday hahaha. im up till like 4 am practicing every night cause i dont have any time to during the day. but what ive found, and its actually been scientifically proven, our brains continue to learn while we are asleep. a soccer playing who practices kicking a ball continuously in the air, he might not get it that day, but if thats what his mind is focused on that day, when he sleeps his mind continues to think about it, and subconsiously improves his muscle balance to fit it. its the same with guitar playing. ive practice scales every night as where i find like no matter how many times i play them i dont feel like they sink in at the time, but the next day after ive had some sleep the muscle movement of the scale seems more natural and it just flows. so you can try doing what i do, which is make your practices the last thing you do for the day, so its the last thing your brain is thinking about. i know it seems crazy, but sleep is one of the best ways to let what youve been practicing sink in happy.gif so dont overwhelm yourself, get some rest haha

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Random Person : "got a myspace page?"

Me : "hahaha who doesn't? the url is

http://www.myspace.com/maidenmayhem

hahah"

+Quote Post
Iron King
Mar 12 2008, 06:39 AM
I know exactly how you feel Outlaw
I work 9-5:30 and then have school from 6-10

What usually happens is that I get home at around 10:30, I eat, and I play guitar
Next thing I know, it's 3am so I go to bed for 3.5 hours
I find it so hard to get out of bed the next morning, especially since I turned the heater off so I can fit my amp next to my bed tongue.gif

It's really getting to me, my biggest dream in life is to be great at guitar but I'm getting so unmotivated. I try to make the most of my short practice time, and I am seeing improvement, but I don't play for enjoyment anymore, I find myself playing a lot to just get better

I think I need to get back in a rehearsal studio and just play loud and hard

anyway man, I feel your pain! hang in there

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 12 2008, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Khaos Keith @ Mar 12 2008, 05:33 AM) *
everyday hahaha. im up till like 4 am practicing every night cause i dont have any time to during the day. but what ive found, and its actually been scientifically proven, our brains continue to learn while we are asleep. a soccer playing who practices kicking a ball continuously in the air, he might not get it that day, but if thats what his mind is focused on that day, when he sleeps his mind continues to think about it, and subconsiously improves his muscle balance to fit it. its the same with guitar playing. ive practice scales every night as where i find like no matter how many times i play them i dont feel like they sink in at the time, but the next day after ive had some sleep the muscle movement of the scale seems more natural and it just flows. so you can try doing what i do, which is make your practices the last thing you do for the day, so its the last thing your brain is thinking about. i know it seems crazy, but sleep is one of the best ways to let what youve been practicing sink in happy.gif so dont overwhelm yourself, get some rest haha

I have feelt this actually....I practised AP one day, didn´t feel much imprpvment but then the next day i feelt i could play it faster and more acurate

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 12 2008, 03:43 PM
Singing Instructor
I felt the sam when I playd the flute...I remebere I had a competition coming and I want to be the best...so I practise to 8,9 hours per day...so yeh, I felt the same way...and I am glad i did..it kind'a makes you knowe that you are working hard on the things you love, and the result of that hard work is so good...best feeling in the world:)

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 12 2008, 04:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Khaos Keith @ Mar 12 2008, 05:33 AM) *

Thanks for bringing that up Khaos Keith. What you said is very important, and it doesn't seem crazy at all to mel!
You just explained how the mind works smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 12 2008, 04:12 PM
Instructor
this feeling never goes! even after all the years I have been practicing and playing... sometimes I have moments where I am really happy with my playing and then others when I want to throw my guitar on a fire! I have spoken to numerous well known guitarists in clinics and personally and they all have had the same experience one time or another... its all part of the learning process.... If we all felt good all the time then we would have no motivation... so we must use this feeling as fuel to motivate ourselves to practice more! Famous fusion guitarist Mike Stern told me there have been tons of times in his career where he has felt like packing it in! and thats mike stern!
you are not alone.... just keep going even though it may be hard. The ones that carry on are the ones that really do well.

also bear in mind that as you improve, your perception of quality is heightened.... I remember once having this friend who when I started playing I thought was the most amazing guitarist ever! But as I got better I realized he wasn't that great after-all... its not that he had got any worse, its just that when i first saw him play, i didnt know a thing about guitar so to me he was great.

I would seriously reccomend recording yourself and keeping notes of tempos you can play things at along with dates etc... that way you can track your progress.. sometimes you cant see it yourself and its only by looking at this that you will realize how much you have improved even if you dont realise it yourself.. its like when kids grow, I didnt see my nephew for 3 months and i was amaazed how much he had grown... my sister (his mum) hadnt noticed because she sees him every day! but then she measured him and compared measurements and he had!
sorry for my stupid analogies, but I hope you catch my drift.

All the best,
Nick

This post has been edited by Nick Kellie: Mar 12 2008, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:39 AM