Discovering New Lead Shapes, how do you do it?
FrankW
May 20 2008, 12:27 AM
GMC:er
Muris, how do you discover new territory note-wise when you practice? Do you practice with a recorded backing track of, say, an unusual chord progression? I was thinking that, for instance, to make myself play something I'm not used to, I would think that I need a recording of unusual, at least for me, tracks to force me to improvise differently than what I would normally fall back on patterns-wise. I was thinking in terms of trying to come up with something exotic in the jazz/rock fusion idiom. Also, and you need to check this guy out if you haven't already, I watched Marco Sfogli playing his song Andromeda on Youtube...notice how his backing track is rock all the way, but a real cool progression. He's playing the same kind of exotic stuff you do. How do you guys discover the exotic stuff? Do you spell out the chords and , for instance, arpeggiate them? Thanks ahead of time, my friend.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FrankW: May 20 2008, 12:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- FrankW   Discovering New Lead Shapes   May 20 2008, 12:27 AM
- - Muris Varajic   QUOTE (FrankW @ May 20 2008, 01:27 AM) Mu...   Jun 3 2008, 08:56 PM
- - FrankW   QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 3 2008, 08:56 ...   Jun 3 2008, 09:10 PM
- - Muris Varajic   You're welcome Frank and THANKS!!   Jun 3 2008, 09:16 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:00 AM