3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Ac/dc Style Rythm And Solo
Gert1973
Sep 17 2023, 03:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Monica,

I worked some more on this lesson at 80bpm. The rhythm part does not give too much trouble at this speed. Only the solo part needed some practice.

And I have my guitar back from my teacher. He improved the problem but I don't think the problem with my G-string is solved entirely. Let me know if you hear anything in the take.

Here's the take:

0-48: As already mentioned, this part goes really smooth smile.gif
48-57: I think the dynamics have improved now. Maybe a little more work and practice...
57-1.17: no problems spotted
1.18: I think the dynamics in this bend have also improved. Maybe I have let the pitch down a few cents too much?
1.30: the bend starts to go really well

I'm very happy with the result of this take smile.gif

Let me know if there're some more issues to take care off..

Cheers,
Gert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 17 2023, 06:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 17 2023, 02:46 PM) *
Hi Monica,

I worked some more on this lesson at 80bpm. The rhythm part does not give too much trouble at this speed. Only the solo part needed some practice.

And I have my guitar back from my teacher. He improved the problem but I don't think the problem with my G-string is solved entirely. Let me know if you hear anything in the take.

Here's the take:

0-48: As already mentioned, this part goes really smooth smile.gif
48-57: I think the dynamics have improved now. Maybe a little more work and practice...
57-1.17: no problems spotted
1.18: I think the dynamics in this bend have also improved. Maybe I have let the pitch down a few cents too much?
1.30: the bend starts to go really well

I'm very happy with the result of this take smile.gif

Let me know if there're some more issues to take care off..

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

That's a really nice take. The rhythm part sounds awesome!!! I love it!!! smile.gif

The G string sounds definitely better now. It still has an issue and it's audible in the final part of the solo.

0:50 - 0:55 - in this section, you improved the dynamics, but be careful at the beginning to strike both strings. In your take after the first strike, the next 6 strikes hit only the E string. Also, don't forget about the sweet spot when you make the palm muting and don't press too hard on the strings.

1:18 - no, you didn't go too down with the pitch. It sounds correct.

1:30 - yes, you are right, these bends started to sound good. I like it!!!

1:34 - 1:36 - try to minimize the left hand movements a little. These notes should sound more legato.

1:40 - this bend doesn't have a perfect pitch.

You did an awesome work today. I like the result very much!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can again raise the tempo with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 18 2023, 01:01 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 17 2023, 07:02 PM) *
Hi Gert!

That's a really nice take. The rhythm part sounds awesome!!! I love it!!! smile.gif

The G string sounds definitely better now. It still has an issue and it's audible in the final part of the solo.

0:50 - 0:55 - in this section, you improved the dynamics, but be careful at the beginning to strike both strings. In your take after the first strike, the next 6 strikes hit only the E string. Also, don't forget about the sweet spot when you make the palm muting and don't press too hard on the strings.

1:18 - no, you didn't go too down with the pitch. It sounds correct.

1:30 - yes, you are right, these bends started to sound good. I like it!!!

1:34 - 1:36 - try to minimize the left hand movements a little. These notes should sound more legato.

1:40 - this bend doesn't have a perfect pitch.

You did an awesome work today. I like the result very much!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can again raise the tempo with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

Thanks Monica!

Always happy when I may raise tempo... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 18 2023, 01:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 18 2023, 12:01 PM) *
Thanks Monica!

Always happy when I may raise tempo... laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 28 2023, 04:04 PM
Hi again Monica,

Last (but not least) take of today!!

Take at 90bpm this time...

My analysis:
0-44: the rhythm part is again going very good smile.gif
45-49: I have practiced this part and I think I improved the dynamics. Do I have to mute it a little bit more? Or is this a good sweet spot?
50-1.08: no mistake spotted
1.09-1.15: good dynamics again!
1.25: this note was not well played
1.28: good pitch this time I think

Overall very satified again with this take! This lesson is going smoothly biggrin.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 28 2023, 04:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 28 2023, 03:04 PM) *
Hi again Monica,

Last (but not least) take of today!!

Take at 90bpm this time...

My analysis:
0-44: the rhythm part is again going very good smile.gif
45-49: I have practiced this part and I think I improved the dynamics. Do I have to mute it a little bit more? Or is this a good sweet spot?
50-1.08: no mistake spotted
1.09-1.15: good dynamics again!
1.25: this note was not well played
1.28: good pitch this time I think

Overall very satified again with this take! This lesson is going smoothly biggrin.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

Hi again Gert!

It seems that you let the take with the sound from the camera, not with the sound from the DAW. biggrin.gif Don't worry about that.

You made a really nice take. The rhythm part sounds awesome!!! smile.gif

0:45 - 0:49 - yes, the dynamics it's highly improved. Now we can hear clearly the crescendo. Also, you are now on the sweet spot and it's muted enough. You don't need to make any adjustments. I like how this part sounds.

1:09 - 1:13 - good dynamic but the first bend is under the correct pitch.

1:15; 1:17 - try on these two places to work a little on vibrato. You need to execute this a little wider. It's the same type of vibrato as you have in the middle part of the alternate picking lesson. Apply the same technique.

1:27 - nope, this bend has a wrong pitch (too higher) tongue.gif

As you can see, I don't have many complaints. This lesson works great and I'm very, veeeery proud of you!!! smile.gif

For next time, guess what? You can raise again the tempo with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Sep 28 2023, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 28 2023, 05:51 PM) *
Hi again Gert!

It seems that you let the take with the sound from the camera, not with the sound from the DAW. biggrin.gif Don't worry about that.

You made a really nice take. The rhythm part sounds awesome!!! smile.gif

0:45 - 0:49 - yes, the dynamics it's highly improved. Now we can hear clearly the crescendo. Also, you are now on the sweet spot and it's muted enough. You don't need to make any adjustments. I like how this part sounds.

1:09 - 1:13 - good dynamic but the first bend is under the correct pitch.

1:15; 1:17 - try on these two places to work a little on vibrato. You need to execute this a little wider. It's the same type of vibrato as you have in the middle part of the alternate picking lesson. Apply the same technique.

1:27 - nope, this bend has a wrong pitch (too higher) tongue.gif

As you can see, I don't have many complaints. This lesson works great and I'm very, veeeery proud of you!!! smile.gif

For next time, guess what? You can raise again the tempo with 10 BPM. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

Ahaaaaa.... raise the tempo!!! laugh.gif

And damn... I indeed choose the wrong file rolleyes.gif

Here's the good one! Sounds soooo much better wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments and I start at 100 bpm! Almost there... cool.gif laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

This post has been edited by Gert1973: Sep 28 2023, 08:24 PM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 29 2023, 06:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Sep 28 2023, 07:23 PM) *
Ahaaaaa.... raise the tempo!!! laugh.gif

And damn... I indeed choose the wrong file rolleyes.gif

Here's the good one! Sounds soooo much better wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments and I start at 100 bpm! Almost there... cool.gif laugh.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Thanks for posting the take with the sound from DAW. It's normal to sound more awesome. smile.gif

Just two additions to my feedback from yesterday. biggrin.gif

1:14 - be careful when you need to go and play the C note (G string/5th fret) and your middle finger makes that fast movement because this detail doesn't sound perfect. You make a tiny pause between notes and that is not good.

1:23 - 1:24 - please review the picking here. You played these notes with alternate picking instead to make pull off. tongue.gif Too many picked notes destroy the dynamics.

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Oct 6 2023, 04:38 PM
Yes Monica... it's me again!! biggrin.gif

I have put some new strings on my guitar and then went for this take!!

Analysis:
29: little unwanted noise
42-45: I love the dynamics now!
1.12: I have worked on the vibrato here. I think it's better now
1.13: second vibrato maybe a little bit more vibrato?
1.18: pull off is present now biggrin.gif
1.22: good raking and now the pitch is ok?

Ok, I'm very happy with this take! Need some more work but I feel satisfied with where I am now...

So, I gave you a lot of homework today tongue.gif

But until next week friday I don't have a lot of time to post some takes. So now we have some things we can work on when we meet next week wink.gif

Have a nice evening!
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 6 2023, 06:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Oct 6 2023, 03:38 PM) *
Yes Monica... it's me again!! biggrin.gif

I have put some new strings on my guitar and then went for this take!!

Analysis:
29: little unwanted noise
42-45: I love the dynamics now!
1.12: I have worked on the vibrato here. I think it's better now
1.13: second vibrato maybe a little bit more vibrato?
1.18: pull off is present now biggrin.gif
1.22: good raking and now the pitch is ok?

Ok, I'm very happy with this take! Need some more work but I feel satisfied with where I am now...

So, I gave you a lot of homework today tongue.gif

But until next week friday I don't have a lot of time to post some takes. So now we have some things we can work on when we meet next week wink.gif

Have a nice evening!
Gert

Hi again Gert!

Hahaha...3 takes today. laugh.gif You seem to be more than ready for our music boot camp. laugh.gif The countdown has started. biggrin.gif

The first part of the lesson sounds awesome!!! I have no complaints. smile.gif

1:05 - this bend has the pitch too low

1:13 - the first vibrato looks better but on the second one you pressed so hard on the string that it sounds out of tune. Use your wrist to make the movement for vibrato.

1:16 - 1:17 - in your take the pull of is present only on the G string. biggrin.gif You need to play with pull off also on the E and B strings. tongue.gif
Attached Image

1:22 - the raking sounds great but the pitch of the bend is not ok.

Great work!!! This lesson works amazingly!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can raise the tempo again with 10 BPM.

Don't worry, all the tasks that I gave you today at the lessons are for the moment when you will return home. wink.gif Next week, when we meet, we will work on those details, techniques, pinky finger position, etc.

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Oct 8 2023, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 6 2023, 07:44 PM) *
Hi again Gert!

Hahaha...3 takes today. laugh.gif You seem to be more than ready for our music boot camp. laugh.gif The countdown has started. biggrin.gif

The first part of the lesson sounds awesome!!! I have no complaints. smile.gif

1:05 - this bend has the pitch too low

1:13 - the first vibrato looks better but on the second one you pressed so hard on the string that it sounds out of tune. Use your wrist to make the movement for vibrato.

1:16 - 1:17 - in your take the pull of is present only on the G string. biggrin.gif You need to play with pull off also on the E and B strings. tongue.gif
Attached Image

1:22 - the raking sounds great but the pitch of the bend is not ok.

Great work!!! This lesson works amazingly!!! smile.gif

For next time, you can raise the tempo again with 10 BPM.

Don't worry, all the tasks that I gave you today at the lessons are for the moment when you will return home. wink.gif Next week, when we meet, we will work on those details, techniques, pinky finger position, etc.

Have a great evening!

Yesssss.... 3 takes and 3 times raise the tempo!! laugh.gif

I definately feel ready for Romenian musical booth camp! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 9 2023, 07:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Oct 8 2023, 07:16 PM) *
Yesssss.... 3 takes and 3 times raise the tempo!! laugh.gif

I definately feel ready for Romenian musical booth camp! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Oct 27 2023, 03:38 PM
Hello again Monica,

I'm on fire today!! biggrin.gif

Here's a take on the AC/DC lesson at 110 bpm

As we discovered already together, this lesson is going very well. And I'm proud of this take. This one only needed 7 takes to come to this one smile.gif

Analysis:
0-42: flawless until here laugh.gif
42-48: Here the dynamics misses a 'middle' part I think. It goes from soft to hard and not too much something in between if you know what I mean.
48-1.06: again nothing to report in the area cool.gif
And also at the last part I can not hear an issue worth mentioning.

I feel very good about this take. Hope you do too.. tongue.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 27 2023, 05:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Oct 27 2023, 02:38 PM) *
Hello again Monica,

I'm on fire today!! biggrin.gif

Here's a take on the AC/DC lesson at 110 bpm

As we discovered already together, this lesson is going very well. And I'm proud of this take. This one only needed 7 takes to come to this one smile.gif

Analysis:
0-42: flawless until here laugh.gif
42-48: Here the dynamics misses a 'middle' part I think. It goes from soft to hard and not too much something in between if you know what I mean.
48-1.06: again nothing to report in the area cool.gif
And also at the last part I can not hear an issue worth mentioning.

I feel very good about this take. Hope you do too.. tongue.gif

Have a good evening!

Gert

Hi again Gert!

Hahaha.....two takes today...awesome!!! biggrin.gif

Yes, we both agreed that this lesson works really well. Also, the fact that you recorded only 7 takes before having this one is a proof of how good things work. wink.gif

Now let's analyze your take.

0:08; 0:18; 0:27 - this chord still needs a little more work because it sounds wrong almost every time you play it. We spoke about it but this time you need to fix it as fast as you can. You almost done this lesson and if we want to have this in REC, we need to fix this problem.

0:42- 0:48 - the dynamic is not bad at all. But...I think you can hit even harder the last 2-3 strokes. In this way, you will get a much more proper sound in the middle part and the overall contrast will shine. smile.gif

1:10; 1:13 - the down bends from the C note (fret 5/ G string). Remember how we studied them. Play the C note and execute the down bend at the last moment. The movement is fast and a little more aggressive because for this detail we need to achieve a kind of bite in sound.

1:18 - 1:20 - put a little more force in your finger when you do the pull-offs. Play it with more intention.
Hahaha....I don't know why but I feel that you will receive a pull-off lesson after you end the alternate picking lesson. laugh.gif

1:23 - the last bend doesn't have a perfect pitch.

1:22; 1:24 - take care of the vibrato. Apply the same type of vibrato (same movement) as we worked together at Winter Ballad.

Your take sounds good and I'm very proud of you. All the things that I pointed out are just tiny details that need a little polishing. Apart from the problem with that particular chord, you don't have critical issues.
You did a great work today!!!

For next time, you can learn to play this lesson at full speed. biggrin.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Nov 15 2023, 12:57 PM
Hi Monica,

Almost 5 months ago, I started this lesson.Today I proudly present to you a first REC attempt!

I'm very satisfied how this result sounds and I really like playing it. IF this take can go into REC, I will really miss playing and exercising this lesson.

Excited to hear your opinion!!

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 15 2023, 02:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Nov 15 2023, 11:57 AM) *
Hi Monica,

Almost 5 months ago, I started this lesson.Today I proudly present to you a first REC attempt!

I'm very satisfied how this result sounds and I really like playing it. IF this take can go into REC, I will really miss playing and exercising this lesson.

Excited to hear your opinion!!

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

Great to see you playing this lesson at full speed. Killer attitude, I love it!!! smile.gif

That's a nice take, but unfortunately not good enough for the REC section.

The rhythm part sounds great. I like the fact that you fixed that chord issue and that is awesome!!! Be careful because between 0:25 - 0:27 you rush too much.

The solo part doesn't sound good at all and that is what destroyed your today's recording.

The down bends from 1:01 - 1.05 don't have a good pitch. Also, you need to play them at the last moment and without staying between notes.

The vibrato's from 1:03 and 1:05 are also out of tune because you pressed too hard and nervous on the string.

1:06 - 1:10 - on this part you don't have a perfect timing (it's a little off).

1:14 - the last note doesn't have a good looking or sounding vibrato. What you have done is more a shake of the finger.

It seems that today you will not say goodbye to this lesson. tongue.gif Look...I know you can play the solo part highly better. Probably, if you listen to this take tomorrow, you will have the same opinion as me. wink.gif

Practice the solo part a few more days and make a new shoot. Keep in mind that each take from now is considered to be a potential REC candidate. smile.gif
So...be careful of timing (don't rush), control the strength and movements when you execute the vibrato and pay more attention to the down bends (remember how we repeated these bends).

Have a great day!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Nov 22 2023, 05:37 PM
Hello again Monica,

You would have never guessed I would post another take today, right?? laugh.gif

I have practiced some more on the solo part... Especially the force on the strings.

Again, I will not put an analysis as I'm going for a REC take.

Let me know if there's some more room for improvement!

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 22 2023, 06:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Nov 22 2023, 04:37 PM) *
Hello again Monica,

You would have never guessed I would post another take today, right?? laugh.gif

I have practiced some more on the solo part... Especially the force on the strings.

Again, I will not put an analysis as I'm going for a REC take.

Let me know if there's some more room for improvement!

Cheers,
Gert

Hi again Gert!

Hahaha...exactly, I had not a clue that you would post another take today. laugh.gif

Let's analyze your recording:

I don't have complaints about the rhythm part. This sounds awesome!!! smile.gif The only thing that I miss is a little more energy (as you had last week).

0:58 - this bend doesn't have a good pitch. In your previous take you played this bend absolutely amazingly. Be very careful at the pitch.

1:03; 1:05 - both vibratos sound out of pitch. You control the force applied a little better than last time (not perfect) but the big issue comes from the fact that you don't do the oscillation of the vibrato in a good way. You don't let the string comeback to the point zero between oscillations. That's why your vibratos sounds so bad.
To fix this issue, you need to clean up the movements. Pull the string down, then let the string come to the point zero, pull the string down and let the string come to the point zero and so on.
Exactly how we practiced together on winter ballad. wink.gif

1:11 - this vibrato sounds even worse because of the same issue, but this time you succeeded in making me laugh. Look closely at your hand. You pulled the string so much that your finger almost make the vibrato under the guitar. laugh.gif Actually, your E string is already in the air, far away from the guitar. laugh.gif

1:05 - 1:10 - these bends are very beautiful and also the pull-offs sounds great!!!

1:14 - be careful at the end of the take to not make any additional noise. tongue.gif

My suggestion for you would be to have a little more patience (I know you have smile.gif ). Please, practice the vibrato a little more and make a new take. You worked enormously at this lesson and it would be a shame to get lower grades. I know you can fix the issues that I pointed out. Just a little more polishing before the final take. smile.gif

But anyway....please keep this take as a back-up (for the worst scenario biggrin.gif ).

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post
Gert1973
Dec 9 2023, 03:10 PM
Hi Monica,

Here's another attempt for a REC take. I have used a little bit more force in the first part.

And I have also spent a lot of time trying to improve the vibrato's. I think they have improved a little bit comparing to the previous REC attempt.

But I let you be the judge wink.gif

Cheers,
Gert

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 9 2023, 04:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gert1973 @ Dec 9 2023, 02:10 PM) *
Hi Monica,

Here's another attempt for a REC take. I have used a little bit more force in the first part.

And I have also spent a lot of time trying to improve the vibrato's. I think they have improved a little bit comparing to the previous REC attempt.

But I let you be the judge wink.gif

Cheers,
Gert

Hi Gert!

It's great that you used a little more force in the first part of the lesson. smile.gif

Overall, you did a nice take but there are a few tiny things that would need more polishing.

0:36 - this chord doesn't sound great because it resonates a string that should not be heard.

vibrato - it still doesn't sound and also doesn't look good. I know you worked to fix this, but from my point of view, your today vibrato is less shining than the last time.
1:03; 1:05 you make more a kind of a down bend (it doesn't sound like vibrato). Your finger does not make the vibrato movement.
1:11 - you failed this vibrato
1:12 - the last vibrato is too nervous and it sounds out of tune because you do not let the string return to point zero between oscillations. You made the movement keeping the string bent down.

You know, vibrato is one of the hardest techniques and requires a lot of time and practice. We've all been through it, but don't worry, we will fix this. I know it's stressful at the beginning, but trust me, at some point it will come naturally. smile.gif

1:04 - this second down bend should also be played at the last moment (same as the first one). wink.gif

1:12 - the last bend doesn't have a perfect pitch.

Now it's up to you if you want to give to this lesson one more week of practice, or you want to post this take in the REC section. I'm very proud of you no matter what decision you take. smile.gif

Have a great evening!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:11 PM