3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Finished! : A Quiet Moment
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 21 2009, 05:57 PM
Jazz Instructor
Wow, production is really high quality. Like that atmospheric....atmosphere:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 22 2009, 10:43 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha, nice work guys!! Kris shows his .. .. "Special" voice again tongue.gif No, just kidding, sounds great, and indeed very very profesional. I dunno how you did it, but your voice sound very full.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
whitesnake
Feb 22 2009, 11:03 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Feb 18 2009, 11:25 PM) *
Here's the finished version of the 2 minute demo i posted the other day incase anyone wants a listen smile.gif

Well, it's still missing vocals offcourse, but the arrangement and song is complete.
I miiiight redo the 2nd half of the solo though at 04.54. When i listened to the mp3 i exported i felt the timing was a bit off, also noticed some volume discrepancies.

Anyhuu. Hope ya'll like it smile.gif

[attachment=13738:A_Quiet_Moment.mp3]

Very beautiful and heavy.
Whitesnake of sweden

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 22 2009, 05:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 21 2009, 03:06 PM) *
Thanks for the detailed song sections description Trond - I am currently trying to figure out how to put it together!

I have done a first attempt at "chorus version 2" - I have marked new stuff in red:

[attachment=13835:moment_o...e_draft2.mp3]
When any given moment of truth
Gets buried in your lies
I disappear in silence
A moment of silence

Shot through my head
This moment turns red
You're so lovely and sad
Shame, your will has gone bad

In the dawn is where we meet
And you know just what I need...
A moment of silence, a moment of silence!

In the dawn is where we meet
And you know just what I need...
A moment of silence, a moment of silence!

[guitar interlude here?]

02:08
There's a simple rule: what gets concealed
will always and never be revealed, I need...just a moment
So live your life just to live a lie
and die just in time to hide the truth, I need...just a moment
There's a simple rule: what gets concealed
will always and never be revealed, I need...a moment of silence!

The idea here is to make the "empty" section before the red-marked chorus 2, into a guitar interlude section - I think the guitar melody is strong. (maybe that would require a different mixing of the lead guitar)

I could have a go at some lyrics there as well - but I feel it's pretty crowded with lyric stuff already (of course if we remove the intro lyrics things might feel different).

By the way - if you want to me to send you some files so that you can have a go at throwing things around, let me know!

Nice! smile.gif
I think your on to something for the Chorus 2, the only thing i didnt fully "agree" with was the second "just a moment". Maybe the voice should follow the chord progression there more closely with maybe som more words inserted.

I really liked the stuff you did right before chorus 2! It blended in quite nice and helped set a mood.

and yes.. would love to get some files smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 23 2009, 08:10 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for the feedback!

I am current sending you wave files - you can insert them and we can see what to make of this! I have to admit that because I am mostly used to doing vocals over more simple song formats - I am very tempted to turn this song into a whole bunch of different shorter tunes ph34r.gif (there is lots of great material).

However I think part of the charm with this kind of collab is that you never know where it ends - so I am all up for exploring new territory as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 23 2009, 08:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow this is really cool

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 12 2009, 10:02 AM
GMC:er
Wow, Trond you did it again! And this time so differently, insanely good and atmospheric like always! biggrin.gif Very great!
Oh, and Kris did a great job too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 29 2010, 05:22 AM
Learning Roadie
Now THAT was stellar! Loved it! Like everybody is saying..."great atmosphere!" Catchy too!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Apr 29 2010, 05:23 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:23 AM