4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Southern Metal Collaboration!, Come on ROCKERS!
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2009, 05:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Sep 4 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Here's my take. I'm not happy with it, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to record it better as I'm feeling fluish today. Fast runs are sloppy as hell, but at least it's something smile.gif

Also I feel that the tone is not aggressive enough (although I broke 2 high e strings while jamming over this backing track biggrin.gif ), so could you please advice how to make it better (maybe some EQ tweaks)?

Your take is really good! Awesome playing! smile.gif It seems that you recorded the take clipped. This is the reason why you can't hear a clear sound. When you cut the peaks of a take you loss the high frequencies where it has the sound "details" or maybe we could call it clarity. And tt's very difficult to fix a clipped take with EQ in the mix. As jafomatic said, you shoud try to attenuate with any level parameter (previous to your sound card) your guitar when you use the wah wah. Anyhow this take is ok so if you wat we can use it for the collab!

Thanks you.

QUOTE (DenisN @ Sep 5 2009, 09:53 AM) *
Hi Guys!

This my humble take....its my first colab and solo ever so be gentle biggrin.gif ...I tried to put as much 'Wylde' in to it as I could. I didn't have much time for playing the last week so I didn't clean up some parts as well as I should. Hope you like it

Well done Denis! Thank you for your take and congrats for your first participation!! smile.gif I'll give you the detailed comments in the final mix thread.

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Sep 5 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Hi there Gabriel! I recorded something today, it is not what I wanted, but... --> I haven't played for quite a while, and first time in my life, I have blisters/bubbles (don't know the right word) on my fingertips, so I can't record anything better as my fingertips hurts badly blink.gif blink.gif I think that those blisters should disappear in few days, but I got them yesterday, and today is the deadline.

So I upload what I have, and will try to replace it with a take on better preset and with some minor tweaks here and there if the blisters go away, before You do the mix. Of course if You would have to wait for it, than don't do it, I don't want other people to wait for the mix and comments because of me.

[attachment=17606:souut.mp3] With the backing
[attachment=17607:souutwb.mp3] Without the backing

Thank you Marek! I like the solo! Please send me a PM if you do a new take when you have it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 5 2009, 06:00 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Sorry Gabe, I'll pass on this collab sad.gif
I've been so busy lately and I don't have the time to record it today either..

There's a lot of other great takes though, so I'm sure the final mix will be awesome smile.gif

Great work guys!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Sep 5 2009, 06:22 PM
GMC:er
Thanks guys for helping me out! smile.gif I'll try to adjust levels next time.

Unfortunately, I feel quite bad today, so I most probably won't be able to lay a better take, so we'll have to use the one I've uploaded sad.gif

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Sep 5 2009, 07:59 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hey Gabe! I decided to not compose something over this backing, so I recorded my very first Impro over this backing.. But I found the ending a bit weak, so I couldn't resist changing the last 3 and a half bars laugh.gif I have uploaded both takes tho, so choose which ever you want smile.gif

[attachment=17611:Dexxter_...mpro_WBT.mp3]
[attachment=17612:Dexxter_...mpro_NBT.mp3]
[attachment=17613:Dexxter_...mpro_WBT.mp3]
[attachment=17614:Dexxter_...mpro_NBT.mp3]

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Sep 5 2009, 08:27 PM
Sorry Gabriel, but I've chosen not to record my re-thought faster entry as I simply can't play it cleanly enough. I'll just have to stick with what I submitted, even though I'm not happy with it due to not having any real southern metal feel to it other than some wah and the scale.

My other version contained some fast 3nps stretched AP runs across the high e and b, similar to the end of the no more tears solo (ozzy), but with a stretch, and what really got me was the ascending minor pent on the 10th fret going to a 17th to 12th stretch on the high E, then coming back down. I simply can't play it cleanly!

Anyhow, that is all.

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
enforcer
Sep 5 2009, 08:42 PM
I am sorry I am late gabe but here is my take, hope you like it, it was recorded in a haste and has some sloppy playing in it but in the end the thing is to have fun isnt it? biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Gabe_EnforceR_Southern_Metal_NoBt.mp3 ( 532.37K ) Number of downloads: 162
Attached File  Gabe_EnforceR_Southern_Metal_WBt.mp3 ( 532.37K ) Number of downloads: 164

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Sep 6 2009, 06:43 AM
huh.gif Just a Little late, Local time wink.gif

Started a bit off key maybe but, this take was the funnest so it's it.
cool.gif

Attached File  S_Metal_leedbreak_BT.mp3 ( 565.21K ) Number of downloads: 166

Attached File  S_Metal_leedbreak_NOBT.mp3 ( 565.21K ) Number of downloads: 158

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Sep 6 2009, 10:08 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Sep 6 2009, 07:31 PM
Gabi, Im really sorry cause im really late!!! mellow.gif
This is not the final take but was the improsivation and the solo that i wanted practice and record for this collaborarion... sorry for the uncleaned licks biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Metal_solo_collab.mp3 ( 514.82K ) Number of downloads: 174

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2009, 09:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Sep 5 2009, 03:00 PM) *
Sorry Gabe, I'll pass on this collab sad.gif
I've been so busy lately and I don't have the time to record it today either..

There's a lot of other great takes though, so I'm sure the final mix will be awesome smile.gif

Great work guys!!!

Ok Paal! See you rocking in the next one! wink.gif

QUOTE (Dexxter @ Sep 5 2009, 04:59 PM) *
Hey Gabe! I decided to not compose something over this backing, so I recorded my very first Impro over this backing.. But I found the ending a bit weak, so I couldn't resist changing the last 3 and a half bars laugh.gif I have uploaded both takes tho, so choose which ever you want smile.gif

[attachment=17611:Dexxter_...mpro_WBT.mp3]
[attachment=17612:Dexxter_...mpro_NBT.mp3]
[attachment=17613:Dexxter_...mpro_WBT.mp3]
[attachment=17614:Dexxter_...mpro_NBT.mp3]

Thank you Dexxter! What do you use for recording? X3?

QUOTE (dark_dude @ Sep 5 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Sorry Gabriel, but I've chosen not to record my re-thought faster entry as I simply can't play it cleanly enough. I'll just have to stick with what I submitted, even though I'm not happy with it due to not having any real southern metal feel to it other than some wah and the scale.

My other version contained some fast 3nps stretched AP runs across the high e and b, similar to the end of the no more tears solo (ozzy), but with a stretch, and what really got me was the ascending minor pent on the 10th fret going to a 17th to 12th stretch on the high E, then coming back down. I simply can't play it cleanly!

Anyhow, that is all.

Don't worry! Well done! You did a great choice. It has no sense to record something that you can't play perfect. Take your time to practice that type of licks. I remember some Pablo Vazquez lessons based on those Zakk Wylde style licks.

QUOTE (enforcer @ Sep 5 2009, 05:42 PM) *
I am sorry I am late gabe but here is my take, hope you like it, it was recorded in a haste and has some sloppy playing in it but in the end the thing is to have fun isnt it? biggrin.gif

Exactly! Thanks for the take!

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Sep 6 2009, 03:43 AM) *
huh.gif Just a Little late, Local time wink.gif

Started a bit off key maybe but, this take was the funnest so it's it.
cool.gif

Attached File  S_Metal_leedbreak_BT.mp3 ( 565.21K ) Number of downloads: 166

Attached File  S_Metal_leedbreak_NOBT.mp3 ( 565.21K ) Number of downloads: 158

Thanks for your funny take leedbreak! smile.gif

QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ Sep 6 2009, 04:31 PM) *
Gabi, Im really sorry cause im really late!!! mellow.gif
This is not the final take but was the improsivation and the solo that i wanted practice and record for this collaborarion... sorry for the uncleaned licks biggrin.gif

This is an amazing solo Mariano! Are you going to participate?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Sep 7 2009, 09:43 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 7 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Thank you Dexxter! What do you use for recording? X3?

Yes wink.gif Why you asking? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 8 2009, 04:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Sep 7 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Yes wink.gif Why you asking? smile.gif

smile.gif just curious. I liked the tone and I found it familiar... cool.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Sep 8 2009, 04:40 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 7 2009, 03:35 PM) *
Thanks for your funny take leedbreak! smile.gif

Guess I should have said most enjoyable to play. laugh.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 8 2009, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Sep 8 2009, 01:40 AM) *
Guess I should have said most enjoyable to play. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif I understood what you mean!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2009, 04:11 AM
Instructor
hey guys! I have finished the AMAZING final mix and half of the comments. However I'll be out and offline this weekend so I'll continue with this on monday! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 18 2009, 04:32 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 17 2009, 10:11 PM) *
hey guys! I have finished the AMAZING final mix and half of the comments. However I'll be out and offline this weekend so I'll continue with this on monday! wink.gif

You are teasing us, sir!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:59 AM