Question For Ivan
Mudbone
Jan 2 2011, 02:13 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Ivan, I was reading your profile and noticed that you graduated with a degree in multimedia production and mobile networking. I was hoping you could share with us how you managed to juggle studying, working, guitar playing, maintaining relations, and of course guitar playing biggrin.gif I'm doing the same thing right now and am finding it quite difficult. Any advice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 12 2011, 01:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey man, I don't know if you got your answers, but maybe you would be more likely to get an answer posting on his board. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2011, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
Solessness has a good point. Along the lines of your question, I"ve managed to get a Masters Degree in Digital Media Production along the way and the balance is not easy. For me it ended up being about things I could cut out. Sadly, I ended up cutting out most of my girlfriends along the way so I"m not married or even dating at the moment. Still looking for a gal that loves music as much as I do. May never find her. If not, that's fine. I'm going to play music when I'm not working. So weekends are going to be about music.

Whenever I'm dating, weekends become about "Bed Bath and Beyond", and other "shopping" which I just can't stand. Being hyper focused can cause problmes in your relationships. So be careful who you pair up with. Some gals get really jealous about your guitar.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Feb 12 2011, 06:56 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 11 2011, 08:33 PM) *
Solessness has a good point. Along the lines of your question, I"ve managed to get a Masters Degree in Digital Media Production along the way and the balance is not easy. For me it ended up being about things I could cut out. Sadly, I ended up cutting out most of my girlfriends along the way so I"m not married or even dating at the moment. Still looking for a gal that loves music as much as I do. May never find her. If not, that's fine. I'm going to play music when I'm not working. So weekends are going to be about music.

Whenever I'm dating, weekends become about "Bed Bath and Beyond", and other "shopping" which I just can't stand. Being hyper focused can cause problmes in your relationships. So be careful who you pair up with. Some gals get really jealous about your guitar.

I think the trick is to find a woman that is independent, which is very, very difficult. But I think the most important thing in a relationship is that you get along, having similar interests is important, but secondary. By the way, if having a girlfriend means always doing things you don't want to do, the problem may not be the girlfriend, it may be you. I hate to sound like a chauvinistic pig (actually I don't tongue.gif) but you're the man, and evolution has designed you to be the leader of the genders, you must fulfill your role in the animal kingdom young grasshopper.

Nobody is going to love music the way you do, because the way you love it is unique to you, so its kinda unrealistic for someone else to have the same passion as you have or in the same way. You're a great guy Todd, I'm sure you can find someone that will admire you passion... and take a trip with you to Guitar Center smile.gif Which reminds me, I don't mind going to the mall with a girlfriend, just as long as theres a pub or Guitar Center close by where she can drop me off biggrin.gif

By the way, how did we go from scheduling life to buying nick nacks at Bed Bath and Beyond? blink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2011, 09:30 PM
Instructor
Dunno, learning was never that hard. I was under a lot of pressure when in college, that's for sure, and I'm glad it's over.

The key is in planning. I make monthly plans, in excel, and calculate the amount of time needed for the tasks. This is the ONLY way I can get it done. I tend to forget a lot, and if I didn't had those plans, and daily alarm reminders on my mobile phone I would be lost. Try to make a plan and stick with it, at least for a month. I guarantee that it will increase your efficiency.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:15 PM