Tyr Audition: Tour Cancelled / Corona
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2020, 04:56 AM
GMC:er
As you guys may remember, I actually got the chance to audition to be a hired gun for the band TYR for a tour they had coming up in the states in April. Well, I learned two of their songs which I shared vids for here on GMC and sent to the band leader who I was in contact with. He liked the vids but sadly, the entire april tour was cancelled due to corona virus. The next tour they have coming up is not in the states, but is in Europe. At that point, shipping me over across the pond is kinda pointless when they can grab someone already in Europe. So I heard back from the leader of the band and he liked my playing and such, but with the American tour cancelled, they are going to look for a player closer to home. Not the outcome I was looking for, but I was honestly honored to have Heri (the lead vocalist/guitarist) consider me for the position and watch some of my vids. Here is his chat to me.

Attached Image

Here are the two audition vids. The first one is the hardest song I've ever learned to be honest. I've been playing a long time and I can honestly say it would take a very serious shredder to play this at all without messing it up. The stamina required is just enormous.

This is the second vid, their "Ballad". It's a lot easier than the first one to be sure.

I did have fun learning the songs. It was great to talk to Heri as well since I've been a big fan for years.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Potsau
Apr 10 2020, 09:43 PM
Im sorry to hear that. In other terms I would say you got time to look my vids in bootcamp. 🤣 No I really treated you this new experience 😭.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2020, 10:40 PM
Instructor
I'm so sorry about it Todd. I'm sure that you'll have a second chance! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2020, 01:03 AM
Very true!!! smile.gif Glad to see you fighting on in BOOTCAMP!!!!

Todd
QUOTE (Potsau @ Apr 10 2020, 04:43 PM) *
Im sorry to hear that. In other terms I would say you got time to look my vids in bootcamp. 🤣 No I really treated you this new experience 😭.

Such is life eh? There are folks that have had serious suffering and death from this corona virus thing. So just losing a tour is a small thing in the grand scheme smile.gif I was honored to even ben considered. I was the only American they asked to submit vids for review evidently.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 10 2020, 05:40 PM) *
I'm so sorry about it Todd. I'm sure that you'll have a second chance! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:07 PM