Vinyl Love?
Todd Simpson
Nov 21 2017, 08:28 AM
GMC:er
The recent trend back towards VINYL records (I'm not involved, but I have seen folks doing it) has led to a recent increase in folks buying very pricey home audio rigs that were collecting dust not long ago. Now they are going for thousands. If you have any old "Hi Fi" gear, now may be a good time to sell smile.gif CHeck these out. Anybody in to this stuff?
Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
bleez
Nov 21 2017, 10:56 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have an early 90's pioneer system with a project debut carbon turntable. Not in the league of super fancy or anything but it fires out an awesome sound biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 21 2017, 11:17 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 21 2017, 09:56 AM) *
I have an early 90's pioneer system with a project debut carbon turntable. Not in the league of super fancy or anything but it fires out an awesome sound biggrin.gif

Probably a nostalqic thing but I've always liked old stereo systems, not about detail of sound or anything fancy but a character in playback is appealing for me.

Sort of like old guitar and amp combo's, a kid might consider the sound middy or lo-fi but what we hear is awesome character.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2017, 01:43 AM
Use your cell phone and take some pix!! smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 21 2017, 05:56 AM) *
Use youI have an early 90's pioneer system with a project debut carbon turntable. Not in the league of super fancy or anything but it fires out an awesome sound biggrin.gif

I'm with ya smile.gif I still like a huge rack of gear. Guitar gear, stereo gear, etc. Just something very cool about it wink.gif Even if it doesn't make a lot of practical sense, still cool smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 21 2017, 06:17 AM) *
Probably a nostalqic thing but I've always liked old stereo systems, not about detail of sound or anything fancy but a character in playback is appealing for me.

Sort of like old guitar and amp combo's, a kid might consider the sound middy or lo-fi but what we hear is awesome character.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 30 2017, 09:41 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I have a pair of JBL C-40 Harkness cabs that I want to refinish. One of them needs a D-130 speaker or to be re-coned. The cabinets themselves weren't actually produced by JBL but were built from blueprints obtained from JBL. The end product was then evaluated and appraised from someone at JBL as best as I can tell. I have some documentation on the components used, wiring diagrams, blueprints and templates as well as warranty cards etc. Much of which I haven't shared here. It appears they were built in 1971. The blueprints appear to be from 1958.
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/sp...rs/1957-c40.htm
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

I also have a Sony tape deck from the early to mid 60's that I inherited from my father. He used to make audio recordings to send home to my mother and the family while he was stationed in Greenland while in the Air Force. I also have a bunch of reels of old music that he had recorded.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Nov 30 2017, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 1 2017, 01:59 AM
Stereo. Nothing spectacular ...

Attached Image

Records (some of them) ...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 1 2017, 07:52 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is my stereo -

Attached Image

Im using my old turntable at the moment as I had to put the kemper where my project turntable was rolleyes.gif I need to make some room to get it set up again but its one of these -

not super expensive but its a big step up from my old one.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 4 2017, 06:58 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Vintage JBL cab is now a vintage Christmas tree stand. Merry Christmas! smile.gif
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:35 AM