Put Up Or Shut Up: Apply Your Fave Guitar Plugin Or Reamp!
Todd Simpson
May 1 2017, 02:31 PM
GMC:er
let's give this a whirl. Here are two guitar direct recorded tracks (clean no fx/gain/dist) and a drum/bass track. Put them in your daw and add the guitar plugin of your choice, and let's see if we can hear any differences. Some folks say all the guitar plugins sound mostly the same. Certainly there is at least some truth to that. Here I've used OVERLOUD TH2, (instead of TH3 just because I'm more familiar with tweaking the interface). Please do give this a try and post your results via sound cloud so we can all hear without having to download. Thanks!! Here's mine. https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitar-plugin-challenge

Here is the TH2 Patch
Attached File  krunch_th2.xml.zip ( 2.45K ) Number of downloads: 362

Here are the DI files All rights reserved Lasse Lammert Attached File  drums_bass.mp3 ( 3.49MB ) Number of downloads: 95
Attached File  gtr1.mp3 ( 3.49MB ) Number of downloads: 122
Attached File  gtr2.mp3 ( 3.49MB ) Number of downloads: 108

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 27 2017, 09:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 2 2017, 07:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
her ya go , Bias fx is my plugin of choice https://soundcloud.com/justcursin/put-up-or-shut-up

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 2 2017, 08:36 PM
Congrats on being the first to post a reply and congrats on a fine sounding patch! Did you create the patch from scratch or start with something and tweak it? It sounds like a 5150 sort of vibe. I find the bias plugin to be shockingly accurate in terms of emulating tube amps. I usually go for a more synthetic sound as you can tell. Most amps just don't sound like I want them to sound. So I have to push the plugin a bit.

The variance in our output levels is probably just mastering chain stuff on my stereo output bus. For folks listening, try to listen at similar levels which will mean turning mine down. Remember, louder doesn't equal better, just equals louder smile.gif I'm using bits of Meshuggah and Various Gothenburg tones to come up with the patch being used as I dig those sorts of tones.

Thanks for the submission CURSN!! WHOSE NEXT!!!! I hope RICH does a reamp with his AXE FX to be honest, now that he has a recording setup again.

Better yet KEMPER CALL OUT!!!! Pull up your most savage profile and go for it!

Todd

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ May 2 2017, 02:16 PM) *
her ya go , Bias fx is my plugin of choice https://soundcloud.com/justcursin/put-up-or-shut-up

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 2 2017, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 3 2017, 12:19 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 2 2017, 08:36 PM) *
Congrats on being the first to post a reply and congrats on a fine sounding patch! Did you create the patch from scratch or start with something and tweak it? It sounds like a 5150 sort of vibe. I find the bias plugin to be shockingly accurate in terms of emulating tube amps. I

Better yet KEMPER CALL OUT!!!! Pull up your most savage profile and go for it!

Todd

ya , a 5150 clone. It seemed rather hollow to me so I added a 50 watt orange clone( in the chain ) to bring in some tones that the other was missing . This is sort of my Randy Rhoads on steroids tone

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2017, 10:09 AM
I couldn't agree more smile.gif I Like the 5150 but it does seems to be lacking some lower harmonics sometimes and other bits so adding something like the orange helps fill it out smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ May 2 2017, 07:19 PM) *
ya , a 5150 clone. It seemed rather hollow to me so I added a 50 watt orange clone( in the chain ) to bring in some tones that the other was missing . This is sort of my Randy Rhoads on steroids tone

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 3 2017, 05:58 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 2 2017, 11:36 AM) *
Thanks for the submission CURSN!! WHOSE NEXT!!!! I hope RICH does a reamp with his AXE FX to be honest, now that he has a recording setup again.
Todd

Sorry Todd. Can't re-amp with an FX8.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2017, 06:19 PM
Well darn sad.gif Any guitar plugin would do smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 3 2017, 12:58 PM) *
Sorry Todd. Can't re-amp with an FX8.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 3 2017, 06:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's another crack at it with BIAS FX with a TSE808 plugin in front plus a mastering plugin actually.

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/reamp-for-todd

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: May 3 2017, 06:48 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2017, 08:54 PM
Diggin it smile.gif just as in the real world, adding a tube screamer provides more articulation and detail than tube amps or even emulations of tubes alone. It actually works like a "high pass filter" meaning of course, let's high frequencies/treble "pass" and restricts the amount of low frequency info to some degree. This reduces the boomy nature of tubes and tube emulations which is why so many folks use tube screamer type boxes, even in front of something like an axe fx. Clean Boost helps the drive circuit and helps trim some bass before the primary gain stage. I like em all so far smile.gif

Anybody else?

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 3 2017, 01:46 PM) *
Here's another crack at it with BIAS FX with a TSE808 plugin in front plus a mastering plugin actually.

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/reamp-for-todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:46 AM