Memories Of Tomorrow
klasaine
Oct 6 2013, 05:36 AM
GMC:er
No work today and the wife and kid were out so I watched a movie about pianist Keith Jarrett, 'The Art of Improvisation'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KbqjVYztoQ
It's not so much about how to improvise but about a guy who's devoted his entire life to the endeavor of improvisation.

Anyway, great muso movie (6 youtube installments) and it inspired me to do a solo guitar arrangement of one of his tunes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 6 2013, 06:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Oct 6 2013, 07:02 AM
I simply love it. Very well done sir.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 6 2013, 07:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Very nice playing Ken. You've got good tone and emotion in your playing. May I ask, what guitar are you playing in the video?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Oct 6 2013, 07:44 AM
really good arrangement man! I like it so much! I will watch the link you gave..

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 6 2013, 07:48 AM
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 5 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Very nice playing Ken. You've got good tone and emotion in your playing. May I ask, what guitar are you playing in the video?

It's basically a Jazzmaster body but routed for Tele guts. It also has a Telecaster neck. They call them 'Telemasters'.
Here she is:

Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 6 2013, 02:36 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 6 2013, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Simply....just a good piece of music, sonsidered not being just a guitar playing smile.gif Love that tune Ken!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2013, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Pretty darn solid man! You're a great musician and player and this piece speaks for you biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2013, 11:19 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, this improvisation is realy nice! I enjoyed it a lot! and thanks for the movie link. I bookmarked it!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 7 2013, 03:31 AM
Thanks guys!
Though it's not an improv. It's a Keith Jarrett song. I do improvise over half the form starting at :53

This post has been edited by klasaine: Oct 7 2013, 05:53 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Oct 7 2013, 10:11 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Wow - great work and solid improvisation. Your playing is fantastic smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:16 AM