What Did You Do When You Left School?, UK People...
SamJ
May 3 2008, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I'm coming to the end of high school (age 11-16) and was wondering what you guys did when you finished your GCSE's because I'm really not sure what I want to do.

Did you do A-levels? College? Leave education and get a job? University degree?

Did anyone here do Music or Music tech A-level? What does it comprise of?

Yeah, so, what did you guys do to get where you are now?

Thanks! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: May 3 2008, 12:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Chris Evans
May 4 2008, 11:39 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I left school at 16, I left with 8 CSE`s (my year was the last year before they introduced GCSE`s) the usual topics maths, English, Geography, music etc but I hated every minute of school and couldnt wait to leave, I left and went straight to work, my first job was at an engineering firm where I did day releases to college to learn welding/fabrication and auto electricians course (unfortunatly something thats pretty worthless in the modern day cars with their plug n play diagnostic machines) I did that for 8 years till I was made redundent then decided I wanted to do something "cleaner" and went into sales, I `ve done various sales jobs from selling roofing products to selling cars for Honda & Toyota till finally finding the job that I`m at now, I`ve been here 8 years now and started off doing "in house selling" which meant endless phone calls to different companies, through a series of changes within the company (Iwork at an Oil depot thats a satellite depot for the main company) I was made up to the Depot Manager and now I do that and took a course in Occupational Health & Safety and do that now as well for the whole company, pretty boring but its well paid, my school qualifications have never been a part of any job I`ve gone for, its all been based as Andrew said on recent experience etc and what work I`d done before, in sales its generally down to a "proven" history.

Sometimes I wish maybe that I`d done more, college etc, but back then at 16 I hated the whole "school" thing and I never would have stuck at it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:18 AM