I Really Need Some Advice, Please Help !!!
Jeff0803
Apr 25 2008, 08:04 PM
GMC:er
I need some advice from the instructors or anyone else whos ever worked in a band, I dont know what to do. Ive been in a band for two years or so. We play Progressive Metal and I really love the music we make. We just got a new drummer. In my opinion are drummer is extremely talented even though hes really eccentric, tattoos every where, facial peircings, dreadlocks, etc. But lately Ive been so frustrated with the attitudes of the members it makes me want to pull my hair out. They act like the drummer is holding us back but Ive talked to him probably every day for the past two months and hes the only person in the band who actually gets excited about trying to make progress and hes the only person who acts like he wants to get our music heard as much as I do. Hes had the hardest time being in the band because of the [poo] hes going through and yet he still acts like he cares more about it then the people who are accusing him. The rest of the guys are quick to point fingers and complain but they do nothing to try and make the best out of the situation and move forward. They dont talk to him so they dont know how much he cares and their soo selfish they wont cut him any slack even when hes in the middle of a devorce and hasnt seen his kid in 8 weeks. I feel like the only thing holding us back is their bad attitudes. Last week we practiced and the singer didnt show up and never even called anyone even though I had just talked to him about practice the night before. Then he calls me an hour after were done and says he didnt show up because the drummer sucks and he doesnt want to waste his time playing with him. This is coming from a guy who sings flat alot of the time and barely knows his lyrics. Then I called everyone and said I think it would be a good idea to get together and talk about whats been bothering us. Everyones down, but then 2 days later the singer calls me and says hes not coming because hes just going to get pissed off and its not worth his time. I mean wtf ?!? I know this band has alot of potential and were all really talented but I just dont know how to get everyone on the same page. Everyone is soooooo damn stubborn. Should I just leave and count it as a loss? Im sorry this is so long but its a huge decision for me so I wanted to give as much info as possible. Thanks for any responses.

Edited for language - Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Jeff0803   I Really Need Some Advice   Apr 25 2008, 08:04 PM
- - Hisham Al-Sanea   man you can leave and try with another band you mu...   Apr 25 2008, 08:11 PM
- - MickeM   I think your call for a band meeting was the way t...   Apr 25 2008, 08:13 PM
- - Nemanja Filipovic   It is a tricky situation for shore.As MickeM sad,b...   Apr 26 2008, 09:06 AM
- - Daniel Robinson   Being in the middle of a drama like that is always...   Apr 26 2008, 09:10 AM
- - Bogdan Radovic   I suggest doing a band meeting with the members th...   Apr 26 2008, 12:17 PM
- - fkalich   QUOTE (Jeff0803 @ Apr 25 2008, 02:04 PM) ...   Apr 26 2008, 12:40 PM
- - Marcus Siepen   I would also suggest the band meeting, I would inc...   Apr 26 2008, 12:53 PM
- - RIP Dime   That's rough man, but honestly if your band is...   Apr 26 2008, 01:19 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   It's a hard one for you I imagine, but don...   Apr 26 2008, 05:52 PM
- - Jeff0803   Thanks for all the advice everyone, I really appre...   Apr 26 2008, 07:30 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Be brave man, bare in mind that after the meeting ...   Apr 26 2008, 08:40 PM
- - Niko Fran   That your bandmates are some of your best friends ...   Apr 26 2008, 09:01 PM
- - Jeff0803   We had the meeting and it went really well, surpri...   Apr 28 2008, 04:26 PM
- - Niko Fran   Great, I knew you would work it out   May 8 2008, 04:26 PM
- - Marcus Siepen   sounds good, all the best for the future   May 8 2008, 05:00 PM
|- - Vinod Saranga   You have really worked it out well Good Luck   May 8 2008, 05:12 PM
nnn
- - Ivan Milenkovic   THat's great man. Future plans involving time ...   May 8 2008, 08:35 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:33 PM