Cigar Box Guitars
Scoob
Nov 19 2007, 11:07 PM
GMC:er
I have been looking at either buying one of these or possibly making one.

There us a guy that makes them quite reasonably "Bluesboy Jag".

Does anyone have any experience, I am interested in feed back or tips

Thanks Scoob

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
shredmandan
Nov 19 2007, 11:11 PM
I think it would be fun to do-it-yourself and make one,but at the same time it wouldnt be cool to screw it up and be stuck with a peice of junk.I dont think there that expensive to buy one.There nothing really special as far as sound goes but definatly a cool little design and something neat to sh
ow people smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Scoob
Nov 20 2007, 12:20 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 19 2007, 05:11 PM) *
I think it would be fun to do-it-yourself and make one,but at the same time it wouldnt be cool to screw it up and be stuck with a peice of junk.I dont think there that expensive to buy one.There nothing really special as far as sound goes but definatly a cool little design and something neat to sh
ow people smile.gif

I have seen them from $100 - $1800

They have that delta blues sound, about half only have painted on frets.
There are lots of videos on Youtube and other places. I have been looking for a resonator. I find these have that dirty old sound I like. I am looking at having a resonator type made with tooth pick frets, and a hand wound pickup in a Cohiba box.

Here is an example of one being played by the guy who will make it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5pOd8Du34

Thanks for the input.

Scoob

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:32 PM