Major Scale Modes
Shredly
Jul 14 2009, 02:07 PM
GMC:er
Im trying to figure out the different uses for these and I have some questions. Please bear with me here as theory is new to me biggrin.gif Tonight I was playing with a jam track in Aminor (vi- vii -I -ii -iii -IV- V and back to vi). I spent alot of time in the A aeolian mode starting and landing on each chord tone as they progressed. An example would be playing A Aeolian and finishing on A note. Emphasis of the root note of each chord really helped the improv and I was pleased. After I while I started landing a step above the root tone and I liked the results. So here are the questions

1. When i emphasised the notes a step above the tonic of each chord would this be considered playing in the dorian mode?

2. If im playing in A minor with emphasis on the note above the tonic over each chord that passes is it still dorian mode?

3. Superimposing modes didnt sound as cool (A dorian, A phrigian) what things can make those sound good?

4. What types of things can be done over the Major chords of the progression?

5. Parallel and relative mode explaination?

Its coming together and the answers to these should really clear some things up.

Regards,

Andy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:31 PM