2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Totally New To Recording
Chris
Aug 27 2007, 04:52 AM
GMC:er
well obviosly its not the best....and i found it pretty easy for putting down my ideas and som quite good quality riffs......my line in is at the front of my comp...so i may find it easier....but yeah...if you really broke this idea is good. lol . biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never Stop Rockin'

Axes : PRS SE Singlecut, Fender Squire Stratocaster, Epiphone SG
Amp : Marshall MG Series 30DFX
Pedals : Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95, Behringer OD100
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 27 2007, 05:01 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 26 2007, 11:46 PM) *
That's what I want to hear biggrin.gif

Horses for courses - using your PCs sound card is a great way to get started, and maybe its all you need, but if you are serious you will outgrow it and then the addiction starts ... more drums, instruments effects, fancier hardware - I need it, I want to I have to have it all, I can't afford food anymore I have to have those shiny programs, A to D convertors control surfaces ..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the voices in my head saying buy buy buy ....

Ahem. So, be careful out there guys ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2007, 05:04 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 26 2007, 04:01 PM) *
Horses for courses - using your PCs sound card is a great way to get started, and maybe its all you need, but if you are serious you will outgrow it and then the addiction starts ... more drums, instruments effects, fancier hardware - I need it, I want to I have to have it all, I can't afford food anymore I have to have those shiny programs, A to D convertors control surfaces ..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the voices in my head saying buy buy buy ....

That's why I'm wavering between the toneport and the guitarport. The guitarport seems to have more features but, the toneport says "Upgradeable with other Line 6 products and services, such as Model Packs, Riffworks and GuitarPort Online". Does this mean I can buy additional stuff like drum software that the guitarport comes with anyway? If so, I think the toneport may be just what I'm looking for, cause I've only recorded like 2 things but I've already outgrown the direct to computer setup.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 27 2007, 05:05 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 27 2007, 05:01 AM) *

I'm a sufferer of this addiction, I feel the need to buy more kit when I'm pretty mediocre on guitar its self in general anyway.

But yes, I'd recommend that initial step up, its not super studio quality, but you can hear a definate difference. laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 27 2007, 05:11 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 26 2007, 11:03 PM) *
What about this?

i have that an its good for recording guitar and bass as long as u have a bass or can make your guitar sound like a bass. for drums u have to get ez drummer or addictive drumms , etc unless u upgrade n get riffworks which comes with instant drummer.

overall: good

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2007, 05:13 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Aug 26 2007, 04:11 PM) *
i have that an its good for recording guitar and bass as long as u have a bass or can make your guitar sound like a bass. for drums u have to get ez drummer or addictive drumms , etc unless u upgrade n get riffworks which comes with instant drummer.

overall: good

So, the recordings you have in the collaborations here on GMC are done with that?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 27 2007, 05:17 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 27 2007, 12:13 AM) *
So, the recordings you have in the collaborations here on GMC are done with that?

yes

and if u get it and i can send u that tone i used for the blues collab u liked

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 27 2007, 05:23 AM
Upload it here! I fancy having a shot of it. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 27 2007, 05:25 AM
Attached File  bluesy_.l6t ( 1.96K ) Number of downloads: 84

here u go

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2007, 05:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Okay, I'm going to buy the toneport with an electro harmonix booster pedal (this) to bring the total up to 108.99 for free shipping biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 27 2007, 05:39 AM
Ah yes, now you mention Electro-Harmonix I was lusting after a Metal Muff yesterday as well... laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2007, 05:41 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 26 2007, 04:39 PM) *
Ah yes, now you mention Electro-Harmonix I was lusting after a Metal Muff yesterday as well... laugh.gif

I'm going to get the muff as well as a dd-6 boss delay pedal, but this will tide me over for now smile.gif When I get some more cash laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 27 2007, 05:43 AM
jvm all those effects that come with the gearbox software can be played through ur computer like an amp

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:37 PM