Done Using Modeling Software.
dcz702
Mar 15 2013, 01:54 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Can't wait to do another recording using my amp and pedal board no matter how much I tried I couldn't get amplitude to sound good to my ears.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by dcz702: Mar 15 2013, 02:02 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 15 2013, 12:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Mar 15 2013, 01:54 AM) *
Can't wait to do another recording using my amp and pedal board no matter how much I tried I couldn't get amplitude to sound good to my ears.

so lets hear the cab with the 57

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2013, 12:16 PM
Instructor
Well mate, it seems like you have a taste for the real deal smile.gif Which is very good, have you gotten great tones using the mic on the cab? If you are happy with them, share some samples with us and if not, tell us what went wrong or, not the way you expected it smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 18 2013, 02:24 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 15 2013, 11:16 AM) *
Well mate, it seems like you have a taste for the real deal smile.gif Which is very good, have you gotten great tones using the mic on the cab? If you are happy with them, share some samples with us and if not, tell us what went wrong or, not the way you expected it smile.gif

hey cosmin im workin on trying to get a good sound i think that it sounds better than amplitube already but im so picky and im trying to make it sound even better, im just now starting to take all this seriously and i want to be as good as i can at playing and recording. i posted a topic in the gear forum for help on recording here is one sample from one of gabs lessonhttps://soundcloud.com/zygas702-1/skatepunk-no-vid-2

https://soundcloud.com/zygas702-1/skatepunk-no-vid-2
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Mar 15 2013, 11:00 AM) *
so lets hear the cab with the 57

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 18 2013, 02:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
So what exactly do you record into with a mic?

Sorry, I'm a newbie to all of the recording stuff. I know how to plug my guitar into garageband and settle for crappy tones and that's about it.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 18 2013, 07:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 18 2013, 01:38 AM) *
So what exactly do you record into with a mic?

Sorry, I'm a newbie to all of the recording stuff. I know how to plug my guitar into garageband and settle for crappy tones and that's about it.

I'm pretty new myself, you can record anything through a mic lot of guitar players mic there amps to record, that way you can capture the sound of your amp if you have a good sounding amp, people also mic there amps to run it through a pa in a gig. It's also convenient for me because I can practice and as I'm playing I can just hit record on my daw to listen to what I'm practicing I don't like practicing with my guitar plugged into the computer, its just not the same as playing through your amp so now with a mic in front of my amp I'm ready to record with a press of a button. Sounds better to, but don't take that sample as how it's supposed to sound, I'm still trying to figure out how to use everything together.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2013, 09:55 AM
Instructor
Hey man - I don't have experience in micing my cab at all, unfortunately, but what I can tell you is that the tone sounds pretty clear at this point and your playing is very good as well.

What I think, is that for my taste it lacks a bit of definition - my advice would be to play Gabe's original recording and while listening to it, try to emulate the tone with your amp. That's what I'd try..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2013, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Congrats on your first mic recording! I think that you got a very good guitar sound, it's clear and the eq is very balanced. There is not an unique way to mic a cab and record guitars. The secret here is experiment with the mic position and the ampe volume and eq until you get the tone that you are looking for.

There are many cool tutorials at youtube where you can get ideas for this. This is one of my favourite:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 18 2013, 04:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Mar 18 2013, 01:43 AM) *
I'm pretty new myself, you can record anything through a mic lot of guitar players mic there amps to record, that way you can capture the sound of your amp if you have a good sounding amp, people also mic there amps to run it through a pa in a gig. It's also convenient for me because I can practice and as I'm playing I can just hit record on my daw to listen to what I'm practicing I don't like practicing with my guitar plugged into the computer, its just not the same as playing through your amp so now with a mic in front of my amp I'm ready to record with a press of a button. Sounds better to, but don't take that sample as how it's supposed to sound, I'm still trying to figure out how to use everything together.

Interesting. I'll have to look into this!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:17 AM