Johnny Hiland Style Lesson, In the Style of Johnny Hiland
Layzer
Jul 18 2007, 07:35 AM
GMC:er
I'll be the first to say that I do not listen to country music unless i have to...But i was astounded at the possibilities that open up in rock guitar when you master country licks. After Kris's Country 101 i was left wanting more, then i discovered Johnny Hiland

Maybe a style lesson like one of his early clean licks in this video cool.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f9imuLRcCEI&...ted&search=

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jul 18 2007, 08:05 AM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 18 2007, 01:35 AM) *
I'll be the first to say that I do not listen to country music unless i have to...But i was astounded at the possibilities that open up in rock guitar when you master country licks. After Kris's Country 101 i was left wanting more, then i discovered Johnny Hiland

I really like that guitar he's playing. That would make a nice edition to my "small" collection!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
PKJperson
Jul 18 2007, 08:11 AM
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 17 2007, 10:35 PM) *

I pretty much despise country music even though I don't really give it a chance. I like Hiland's style though. I especially liked the part at about 6:55 in the video. It's the type of music I can relax to playing. That is one style I would like to master. I probably need to work on picking with my fingers along with my pick. Great guitarist though. smile.gif

This post has been edited by PKJperson: Jul 18 2007, 08:19 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:08 AM