Drop Down Tuning
lliber
Jun 1 2007, 04:31 PM
GMC:er
how do you do it i have digital tuner but dont know where to start.......help!!!!!!!!!!

steve

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 1 2007, 04:55 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I have a digital tuner where I press "b" for dropping one half note. Press twice for a full note and it indicates with "bb".
Then I just tune as normal. The tuner will indeicate E when it actually is Eb or D depending on how much you detune.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 1 2007, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (lliber @ Jun 1 2007, 03:31 PM) *
how do you do it i have digital tuner but dont know where to start.......help!!!!!!!!!!
steve

What kind of tuner?

It's harder if you're running a guitar tuner rather than a chromatic one. Then you have to do it the way MikeM posted. With a chromatic tuner, you just have to know what notes you're trying to hit. Say if you're doing Drop D, you just tune your low E string down til the tuner says it's a D.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
lliber
Jun 3 2007, 02:20 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 1 2007, 05:55 PM) *
I have a digital tuner where I press "b" for dropping one half note. Press twice for a full note and it indicates with "bb".
Then I just tune as normal. The tuner will indeicate E when it actually is Eb or D depending on how much you detune.

cheers that is realy helpful
steve

QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jun 1 2007, 06:40 PM) *
What kind of tuner?

It's harder if you're running a guitar tuner rather than a chromatic one. Then you have to do it the way MikeM posted. With a chromatic tuner, you just have to know what notes you're trying to hit. Say if you're doing Drop D, you just tune your low E string down til the tuner says it's a D.

korg guitar/bass tuner ga30
cheers
steve

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:46 AM