Tutorials And More Spoken Lessons, less "this is a solo" lessons
Melodic Axeman
Mar 23 2008, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
As I said on the other thread, my suggestion is:

More tutorials and spoken lessons where the instructors teach us about techniques, scales, and other stuff, or shows us styles, explaining all with text and voice.

For example these are very GREAT and useful lessons in my opinion:

http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/One_on_o...onic_scale3.htm
http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/One_o_one_tapping.htm
http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/One_o_one_tapping2.htm
http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-gui...weeping-lesson/
http://www2.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-gui...5string-shapes/

Instead I think are not very useful lessons like "xxx solo", "xxx rhytmic", that in my opinion is a show, because it's just like a jam with tabs and backings

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 23 2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah a few more 101 lessons would be awesome. They're very helpful.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
edguy
Mar 23 2008, 09:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah I like your idea. More 101 lesson would be great.

Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
drw84215
Mar 25 2008, 02:40 PM
i agree more spoken word lessons and 101 lessons woudl be great. im not that good at playing and i get lost in "in the style of" lessons. i want to create my own style

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 25 2008, 03:22 PM
Instructor
mmm, after listening this words I just can say: YOU WILL GET THEM !!!! laugh.gif
this week I try to record my 1st 1o1 lesson smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 25 2008, 04:10 PM
Instructor
To be honest,I don't know for sure what is the structure of 1 on 1 lessons 100%. huh.gif
If someone can explain it a little I'd try to make a few as well. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 25 2008, 04:52 PM
I think students want more lessons that show and explain to us how to do something, like a summary of the lesson would be for example 'ok, speed picking, this is how you do it, this is how you practice it, this is how you make your own speedpicking runs, this is how you apply it to a song, and here is a secret I have to tell you about speedpicking...' smile.gif
Just in depth, this is how you do this, or here are some ways that you can do this. Or at least this is what I would like. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Siggum
Mar 26 2008, 06:53 AM
I agree that more of thoose kind of lessons would be nice, because i think many members are still struggling with the basic techniques.

Kris'es 10n1 lessons really help in order to fully understand the thinking behind the playing, and more of that could only be better.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Mar 26 2008, 07:52 PM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Mar 25 2008, 04:52 PM) *
I think students want more lessons that show and explain to us how to do something, like a summary of the lesson would be for example 'ok, speed picking, this is how you do it, this is how you practice it, this is how you make your own speedpicking runs, this is how you apply it to a song, and here is a secret I have to tell you about speedpicking...' smile.gif
Just in depth, this is how you do this, or here are some ways that you can do this. Or at least this is what I would like. smile.gif

yes man, that's exactly what I mean! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 26 2008, 09:42 PM
Instructor
well, I have recorded a 1o1 lesson today... I'm not sure if it would be helpful, but that's my take... I wish you enjoy it, so I try to upload it as fast as posible smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 28 2008, 08:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Well the solo lessons are ok, but just talk more!! That's very important. so the idea is good tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 28 2008, 08:44 PM
I DEFINITELY agree. IMO there should be only 101 lessons, similar to kris' lessons.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 28 2008, 08:53 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 28 2008, 08:44 PM) *
I DEFINITELY agree. IMO there should be only 101 lessons, similar to kris' lessons.

Yeah. +1.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 28 2008, 08:55 PM
I really love Stefan Grossman's way of teaching. I would really love to see lessons similar to his. There are some on youtube, check it out http://youtube.com/watch?v=ABhlHz-20zs

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 6 2008, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 28 2008, 08:44 PM) *

I don't mind the solo or riffs lessons, they are cool for learning licks and such, but most of them really just give you the video and a tab and let you learn it on your own. This may be difficult for people new to the site, who just see a song video, and tab. In my expirience 101 lessons help me improve more, and faster too.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:44 PM