Creative Inspiration, Or lack thereof...
Juice420
May 22 2007, 06:50 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I have been playing off and on now for about 12 years and have been with GMC now for almost two months. I find the lessons here very helpful and can see myself improving greatly. Lately though I have been having a problem with a feeling of lack of creativity. I mean, after every practice session, I will try to write my own riffs/songs but sometime I think that I could never write something that makes someone else go "Man, that was awesome, I got chills from that." Do you think that the more someone progresses in knowledge of music that the better they would get creatively or is being an artist something that you have inside and if you don't have it, you don't have it?

A good friend of mine that I grew up with (and jammed with) went on to form his own band and I guess I have been feeling regret for not pursuing it with more passion then. I have been feeling an itch lately to start/join a band but now that I am almost 29 I have been feeling lately that it is too late for me.

Anyway, any insight would be helpful.

Thank you fellow GMC'ers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Just because you know umpteen billion scales, it doesn't mean you have to use them all in a solo."
Kirk Hammett
Guitar World, November 1988

Equipment
------------
Guitar(s):
Peavey Raptor EXP w/stock humbucker

Amp(s):
Peavey Backstage 10W

Strings:
Ernie Ball Regular Slinky RPS 10
(.010; .013; .017; .026; 036; .046)

Picks:
Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm (Blue)
Dunlop Tortex 0.88mm (Green)

Wishlist:
ESP M-400 w/EMG's
EMG 81 Active Humbucker to replace stock pickup on Peavey guitar
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:46 AM