8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
New Instructor - Marcus Siepen, Blind Guardian guitarist
The Uncreator
Mar 8 2008, 03:37 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey Marcus, ive always wanted to ask this.

But i've noticed that on your album "Live", and your Live DVD, and when i saw you guys live, the crowd tends to sing the chorus valhalla for quite some time, The show i was at did it for a good 5 minutes laugh.gif

Whats the longest anyone has ever done it a show, Do you guys leave time in the show for it? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 8 2008, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 7 2008, 07:04 PM) *
Good question, I would pick Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi, Dio has always been my fave singer

Oh yes biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 8 2008, 03:57 PM
Good question, I would pick Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi, Dio has always been my fave singer

Dio is definetly the best vocalist ever.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 8 2008, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 8 2008, 09:37 AM) *

But i've noticed that on your album "Live", and your Live DVD, and when i saw you guys live, the crowd tends to sing the chorus valhalla for quite some time, The show i was at did it for a good 5 minutes laugh.gif

Whats the longest anyone has ever done it a show, Do you guys leave time in the show for it? laugh.gif

im also curious biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 8 2008, 06:25 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 8 2008, 03:37 PM) *

I guess Valhalla was "abused" the most at the Blind Guardian Open air (the one where we recorded the DVD), the crowd kept singing the chorus for several minutes after the song ended, and they restarted it after a couple of other songs as well. But the most impressive thing actually happened after The Bard Song at a show that we played in Düsseldorf on the Night at the Opera tour. The crowd kept cheering so loud that we could not continue the show for about 15 (!!!) minutes, whenever Hansi tried to anounce the next song the audence went even more nuts... I still get goosebumps when I think of that night, pure magic. But no, we don't count on such things to happen, we plan our setlists independent of such things tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 8 2008, 06:28 PM
Sounds incredible, Would of loved to have been at the show!

15 minutes, Wow thats a lot! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 8 2008, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 7 2008, 10:35 PM) *
Hello Marcus! Welcome to GMC! I'm very glad that you are doing lessons here. I still remember when I listened "Imaginations... for the first time in my walkman and it blow my mind. It would be awesome if you do lessons telling how do you work at the studio and also how you work your guitar arrangements and duets.
I saw Blind Guardian in Argentina during the "Nightfall in the midle-earth" tour and I was surprised of the presicion of the whole band.

It's a pleassure to have you here. smile.gif

gabriel.-

Hey Gabriel, that Show was pure magic, the whole South American trip that we did back then was incredible. We were really sorry that we had to cancel the show in Buenos Aires last year because of that damn problem at the airport but we will come back for sure. About future lesson topics, I am just preparing my second one and I already talked to Kristofer about BG-lessons, we will see what is possible, would be fun for me for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jammer91
Mar 8 2008, 06:37 PM
You wont beleive how im blown away by the fact that Marcus has joined GMC (im sure you guys are too). I dont know if its coincidence either because about 2 weeks ago i took this online quiz on "which type of metal are you?". End result- It said i should listen to the power metal band Blind Guardian. I had already heard Mirror Mirror, but after that, Ive been listening to even more of guardians song.

Im just wondering, what other bands influenced you guys? You seem to have very distinct music. Also could you teach us how you do those awesome speed metal riffs?

I guess youre never too old to skateboard.

Imagine how Pavel reacts when he finds out Marcus joined GMC!

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 8 2008, 06:43 PM
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Mar 8 2008, 09:37 AM) *
I guess youre never too old to skateboard.

laugh.gif

Oh my god i almost died! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 8 2008, 07:13 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 8 2008, 06:43 PM) *
laugh.gif

Oh my god i almost died! laugh.gif

... yeah, I also almost died with that f..... skateboard... wink.gif

About my influences, Bands like Black Sabbath, early Iron Maiden, Queen, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Thin Lizzy and Rainbow were all very important for me, to name a few at least.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 8 2008, 07:51 PM
The Dark Canuck
I haven't been around all week so I'm a bit late with my welcome, but Marcus I'm glad you love this place as much as we all do. Welcome aboard man. I'll be honest and say I'm not very familiar with Blind Guardian but I do promise to check you guys out. I've only heard good things about you guys smile.gif

Again welcome man.

rok

+Quote Post
Skalde
Mar 9 2008, 09:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow, that is some really good news.
I love Blind Guardian, the Blind Guardian festival in Coburg(2003) was awesome.
Thank you for this Marcus, it was the best Blind Guardian show I have ever seen.
btw, I've chosen my nickname by one of your songs wink.gif

best regards,
Skalde

This post has been edited by Skalde: Mar 9 2008, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Mar 9 2008, 10:06 PM
WOW Awesome!!!! Welcome Marcus!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2008, 10:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 8 2008, 02:29 PM) *
Hey Gabriel, that Show was pure magic, the whole South American trip that we did back then was incredible. We were really sorry that we had to cancel the show in Buenos Aires last year because of that damn problem at the airport but we will come back for sure. About future lesson topics, I am just preparing my second one and I already talked to Kristofer about BG-lessons, we will see what is possible, would be fun for me for sure.

That sounds great Marcus! smile.gif If I'm not wrong you ere planing to play in Obras (Pepsi Music) that is a bigger place than the first time. I know that you'll have great time if you play in Obras in front of more than 5000 argentinians shouting the choruses...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 12 2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, it would for sure have been great, but then we got stuck for 12 hours at this damn airport and couldn't do the show anymore sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 13 2008, 06:26 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 5 2008, 12:56 PM) *
Really?? That's my birthday too biggrin.gif

I'm another!

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Mar 26 2008, 09:39 PM
Wow welcome here, it's getting better and better with the minute.... Good work guys!

I'm certianly going to check out Blind Guardian... I don't know the band yet, but I will.

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:
• Ibanez S5470 TKR Prestige
• Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Air Norton & Dimarzio Tone Zone
• Washburn D10SCE WALNUT DREADNOUGHT SOLID TOP
• Some kind of cheap Guitar...

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Edirol UA-25 24 bit/96 kHz USB Audio Capture
Edirol PC-50 MIDI Keyboard Controller
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 27 2008, 02:42 AM
Question for Marcus biggrin.gif whos idea was it for you guys to cover Mr Sandman biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 27 2008, 04:25 AM
Also, I have a question for Marcus.

Me and a friend were watching the Blind Guardian DVD a while back and we noticed you were playing this one gutiar and we argued about it for a while, do you have a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose trem? I mean I'm no gear guru but, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a Les Paul with a floating trem. The guitar I'm talking about is the one on Another Holy War.

Hope it's not a bother to answer all the questions from the Guardian fanboys tongue.gif
Next we gotta get Andre Olbrich on here laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 27 2008, 03:57 PM
Hmm, I have to admit I don't exactly remember who had the idea to cover Mr Sandman, I think it was Hansi, but we all like to mess around with such songs, as we did with Barbara Ann or Sufin USA. And about that guitar on our DVD, this is a cusom built ESP, obviously based on a Les Paul, but with a Floyd Rose, it is from my times as an ESP endorser. It is a good guitar and I still have it, but I am not really using it anymore, I prefer my Gibsons.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:31 AM