Street Musicians
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Guys, in all my travels around Europe, I have encountered A LOT of very talented street musicians, trying to make themselves heard out there.

In Romania, the general idea is: 'if you sing/ play on the street, you are a lifeless bum who is not worth two dimes'. Very wrong! In other countries, such as Germany for instance, you must obtain an approval from the City council or Mayor's office, in order to perform on the street and pay a small fee. So that means, that for those folks out there, this is a form of business, just like any other, right?

What is your opinion on this? Have you heard anyone powerful enough to make you stop and listen? In Barcelona, there was this girl playing a flute in the Guel park and she actually managed to get me hooked with her music and keep me still and listening for a few minutes. That's POWER right there!

How about this dude? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christophe
Sep 24 2012, 01:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow O_o That is fingerpicking !! Really loved it biggrin.gif

Never stopped in the street to listen to musicians because when I go to Paris I always have something to do, so I'm getting no time to listen to them ^^'

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
K1R
Sep 24 2012, 02:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
This guy is great!
I love street music when it is well played smile.gif Sometimes you can see people poorly singing and playing 4 chord songs...

By the way, check out these "grannys" from my city biggrin.gif

Their official channel https://www.youtube.com/user/PielietaisOfficial?feature=watch

This post has been edited by K1R: Sep 24 2012, 02:30 PM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 24 2012, 07:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2012, 09:47 AM) *
How about this dude? biggrin.gif

What an awesome guy... and he's rockin' with a Marshall Micro Amp ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 25 2012, 03:57 AM
Learning Roadie
You brought this guy to my mind. He has NO ARMS!!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Sep 25 2012, 07:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
How about this awesome guy!!!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2012, 07:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Sep 25 2012, 06:38 AM) *
How about this awesome guy!!!

I could swear someone would post this dude biggrin.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Sep 25 2012, 02:57 AM) *
You brought this guy to my mind. He has NO ARMS!!

Oh oh, amazing, I knew about him for some time now smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 25 2012, 03:25 PM
Learning Roadie
WOW that bald guy has a range!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:12 AM