Fx Loop
kaznie_NL
Dec 9 2010, 09:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys!

I was wondering... I know the reason for using an FX loop, I guess. I mean, it's to make sure you get a delay after the preamp's distortion for instance, isn't it? Now I wondered, I have a nice Fender reverb pedal. If I need to play on an amp without an FX loop, how can I make sure it still sounds? I also sometimes use a DS-1, can I use that without fx loop as well?

Kaz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
del-4fr53e3
Dec 9 2010, 09:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
A distortion pedal usually goes before the amp input, so thats alright.
A reverb will sound good before the amp, as long as it is after the distortion pedal. So if you dont have an FX loop, you can use the reverb perfectly fine before the amp, but after the distortion pedal smile.gif

In other words, you can with perfect results use both pedals before the amp input, but putting the reverb before distortion (like amp distortion) will not sound good. You are free to try of course smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Dec 9 2010, 09:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:55 AM