Switch Hardware Options For Ibanez S Series?
yoncopin
Apr 15 2017, 05:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'd like to add more switching options to my S671QM, but the control cavity is too shallow to fit any 5 way superswitch I've found or a push-pull pot. Does anyone know of switching hardware which will fit?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 15 2017, 05:50 PM
GMC:er
if a 3 way can fit with 2 push-pull pots I'm using this (with 2 humbucker rg); https://docs.google.com/gview?embedded=true...SPL_1TppSPL.pdf

Otherwise, usually the only option I know is drilling a hole or 2 for switches.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Apr 15 2017, 08:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Seems a standard push-pull will fit, but you have to put it in place of the volume knob, not tone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 15 2017, 08:50 PM
If it helps, out of the gazzilion options I have with the shared wiring (though forgot your guitar has a single in the middle too) I either make the neck parallel or split to the north neck coil. Never found parallel/splitting the bridge humbucker useful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2017, 09:53 PM
You could always have a luthier deepen the cavity. Or as has been mentioned, get push pull pots on the volume knobs. I think there are two knobs? just leave the tone knob out. That axe wasn't designed for this application but you can get around it wink.gif If you are willing to mod or cut in to the guitar. Then again, the S series was meant to work well with humbuckers. You may want an ibby that was designed to work with a 5 way switch?

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 17 2017, 02:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Apr 15 2017, 07:04 PM) *
Seems a standard push-pull will fit, but you have to put it in place of the volume knob, not tone.

Yeah, because of the thinness of the body, I think that's your only option. Or, leave the 5 way switch and pots you currently have, and add a 2 way switch. What switching options do you want to add?

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Apr 17 2017, 03:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Apr 17 2017, 08:40 AM) *
Yeah, because of the thinness of the body, I think that's your only option. Or, leave the 5 way switch and pots you currently have, and add a 2 way switch. What switching options do you want to add?

That's what I ended up doing. I wanted to have a series/parallel switch for the neck pickup.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 18 2017, 10:08 PM
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Apr 17 2017, 02:56 PM) *
That's what I ended up doing. I wanted to have a series/parallel switch for the neck pickup.

I asked my guitar tech today as how he deals with such problems on s-series guitar. He told me that if you shorted the pickup cables enough then you can have some extra space in the cavity.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:02 AM