2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Funky Fusion Collaboration! :), UPLOADS & COMMENTS THREAD! :)
TheKeplerConject...
Jun 19 2009, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
Thanks! I'm learning so much from the collab comments here. This was my first personalized comment. Would it be cool if I upload a new one after taking what you said in to consideration? I understand if not - that could result in these going on forever. Thanks again for sharing your expertise with us!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2009, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Thanks man! smile.gif Of course it would be cool, you can upload new version right here I will be glad to help! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 25 2009, 07:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey!! The rhytmic ideas sounds just fine to me!!! Interesting! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (TheKeplerConjecture @ Jun 18 2009, 02:22 AM) *
Here's mine:

[attachment=16251:TheKeple...kyFusion.mp3]
[attachment=16250:TheKeple...sion_NBT.mp3]

This was a challenging track to solo over. It was hard to find a "feel" for some reason.

Been listening to a lot of Frank Zappa and Ron Jarzombek recently. And I guess that makes me come up with rhythmic ideas that I can't actually execute (as you'll hear).

Thanks in advance for comments!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 28 2009, 11:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
Kinda weird, have to practise those jazz chops... Anyway here it is... !

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Funk_Fusion_wBT.mp3 ( 1.08MB ) Number of downloads: 149

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2009, 02:12 PM
Instructor
This is a very interesting take, I love the jazzy licks you did! The one thing that could be better with your solo as a whole is structuring the licks in a more fluid way and just keeping the logical melodic flow available for the listener to hear. Putting several jazzy licks is good (specially if they are nice as you played them! smile.gif ), but I get the impression that you could insert some kind of thematic and melodic approach as well. Even for this kind of track where we have only one dominant chord available, you can still experiment with various melodies, themes, call&response sequences, and all this adds to the quality of the solo.
In the end of the solo you inserted some very nice bluesy licks as well and they were a very nice touch, so I think you made a good fusion here. The only thing I'm missing to hear here is some kind of main theme that connects all these parts together as a whole.
Your tone is good, notes come out clean and precise, perhaps not all of them are equally strong, some notes are bit weak here and there, but all in all very solid take with good tone definition. I didn't liked that much the amount of space added here, it's a bit dark and too strong, so perhaps cutting down the volume of delay, and EQing the reverb to be a bit lighter would sound even better over this kind of track.
All in all, great take, good jazzy feel, and great licks. Thank you very much for joining in the collab and I hope to see you on the next one as well. Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 30 2009, 11:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks for your positive response Ivan! I agree to what you're saying, but i'm not sure of the purpose here. Should a solo be constructed or should it just be pure improvisation? The sound is real shit... haha.. I guess I have to turn that knobs around a little bit more. smile.gif I've been "retired" for the past ten years, and haven't been played a note since the last weeks. I will like to forward my experience to all the young players out there: NEVER make any compromises about what you are playing - in the end you're gonna be fucked up on music! I was in 10 years, since I was playing "commercially" and could'nt stand anymore... So just play the music YOU like. Btw. this is a great site with great instructors, and I really enjoying beeing here!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 29 2009, 03:12 PM) *
This is a very interesting take, I love the jazzy licks you did! The one thing that could be better with your solo as a whole is structuring the licks in a more fluid way and just keeping the logical melodic flow available for the listener to hear. Putting several jazzy licks is good (specially if they are nice as you played them! smile.gif ), but I get the impression that you could insert some kind of thematic and melodic approach as well. Even for this kind of track where we have only one dominant chord available, you can still experiment with various melodies, themes, call&response sequences, and all this adds to the quality of the solo.
In the end of the solo you inserted some very nice bluesy licks as well and they were a very nice touch, so I think you made a good fusion here. The only thing I'm missing to hear here is some kind of main theme that connects all these parts together as a whole.
Your tone is good, notes come out clean and precise, perhaps not all of them are equally strong, some notes are bit weak here and there, but all in all very solid take with good tone definition. I didn't liked that much the amount of space added here, it's a bit dark and too strong, so perhaps cutting down the volume of delay, and EQing the reverb to be a bit lighter would sound even better over this kind of track.
All in all, great take, good jazzy feel, and great licks. Thank you very much for joining in the collab and I hope to see you on the next one as well. Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 30 2009, 01:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jun 30 2009, 12:26 PM) *
Thanks for your positive response Ivan! I agree to what you're saying, but i'm not sure of the purpose here. Should a solo be constructed or should it just be pure improvisation? The sound is real xxx... haha.. I guess I have to turn that knobs around a little bit more. smile.gif I've been "retired" for the past ten years, and haven't been played a note since the last weeks. I will like to forward my experience to all the young players out there: NEVER make any compromises about what you are playing - in the end you're gonna be xxxxx up on music! I was in 10 years, since I was playing "commercially" and could'nt stand anymore... So just play the music YOU like. Btw. this is a great site with great instructors, and I really enjoying beeing here!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hey no problem man, glad you like the comment, and I hope I helped in some way.

You can construct the solo or you can improvise, both things are done, depending on various situations. Ideally, every solo should be improvised, but it requiers a lot of skill and experience. I believe that in these collaborations solos should be improvised, because improvisations show the players abilities more objectively. Of course not all improvised solos are great, which is perfectly normal, and we can all develop our improvising abilites further. The goal when giving advices in collabs is to focus on the things said during practice, so these things can be executed "at will" later when playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:25 PM