32 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2020, 05:25 AM
GMC:er
MISSION 169 DEBRIEF!

Well Fought Soldier! This is yet another Mission with a LOT of Moving Part. You had zero trouble with them!
MEDALS OF HONOR

OPEN STRING KILLER The open string licks on this one run all the way up the neck so they can be tricky. Not for you! You've got these licks well under control. Impressive!

MULTI PICKING FROM HELL Several levels of multi picking going on here and you don't have trouble with any of them. Very nicely done!

PACING PERFECT These types of licks make it easy to rush parts that seem easy and lag parts that feel hard. You keep good pace the entire time.
You memorized every single one of these licks and played each one very well. I"m proud of you Soldier!!!

Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 20 2020, 09:38 PM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 21 2020, 05:28 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 22 2020, 01:59 AM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 24 2020, 12:33 AM
MISSION 170 DEBRIEF!!

Another one well fought Soldier!! You have your precision going really well. I think you are still playing at about the same speed though so I'd like to see you push it a bit if you can. As long as it doesn't fall apart, you are ok smile.gif Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR
SOLID FORM You have developed really solid form in your playing. Your technique is solid all the way around.

SOLID PACE You are not rushing or lagging. You've learned how to pace a lick very well.

SOLID MUTE Your mute game is strong! No random string noise or notes.

TIPS: You've got really strong technique Soldier. You've earned it. The only thing left is to push to the next level in terms of your speed. In your next Mission, maybe pick one of the drills to focus on instead of all of them. This is a special dispensation as you are the top DAWG. Pick one you think you can play smooth and fast and push the speed beyond what is comfortable to see if you can make it to the next level!
For now you just..
LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 21 2020, 08:59 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 25 2020, 03:43 AM
Learning Roadie
I recorded this video before I got your message but I'll start the exercise you recommended with the next mission.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2020, 05:46 PM
Great Worlk Soldier! These licks have almost nothing to do with each other. That's the point of this Mission. To force the hand to adapt to things that are not similar. To with it has a variety of technique. You have done very well on absorbing new technique so you have no trouble playing a variety of techniques that are very different. Nice! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

ONE HANDED BANDIT The single handed drill is meant to test your ability to play without picking. You've adapted well to this and your fingers are strong enough to make it happen. Some people NEVER quite get this and you have it!! Nice.
STRING SKIPPER The String Skipping lick is meant to show any gaps in your mute. If you have gaps you will get string noise. Your mute has gotten very good over time. Solid!
NEO CLASSICAL The last bit is a neoclassical type etude that has little to do with the first two drills. It's meant to confuse the hand as it's so different. You had zero trouble. It's got shape shifts, traverse, inverse scales, etc. It's a tricky bit. You KILLED it.

Impressive Fight Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 24 2020, 10:43 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 27 2020, 12:20 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2020, 01:47 AM
Well Fought Soldier!! This one has a LOT of moving parts. It has a large range of techniques that must all be performed well. Miss one note, and it doesn't work. You were spot on!! Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

REACH You gotta have reach to play these drills. Without a good reach between fingers, these licks are simply impossible to play. Some folks just can't play them. You have a great reach going on. Not only can you reach the notes, you stick every landing! NICE!

PINKY GAME IS STRONG This one requires the pinky power be on point. These licks wont work without the pinky. The third finger can't stretch far enough. That's why these are built this way, to for you to use the pinky! You KRUSHED it!!! SCORE!

MUTE GAME IS STRONG With Open String licks, string noise is a constant problem that must be dealt with. You deal with it just fine! Solid muting and zero string noise!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 26 2020, 07:20 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 28 2020, 02:23 AM
Learning Roadie
It seems, my burnout keeps growing. I've had a talk myself and I realized I'm no longer interested in playing any song or piece cover, growing musically and create my own content. For now I only do the Bootcamp as a sort of challenge and to be honest, it's probably the only reason I'm still pushing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2020, 10:33 PM
I'm very sorry to hear your burnout is growing sad.gif We all go through that believe it or not. It's part of the process. Finding your way through it is the key to your growth as a musician. Just being able to still do bootcamps is a very positive step. Keep it up! It may be the key to working through things. Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

OPEN STRING KILLER The open string licks are a good chance to show any string noise. You keep it under control. NICE!!

MULTI PICK MASTER You have zero problem with the multi picking licks. You have really come a long way on multi picking. It does not even make you break a sweat!!

FINGER TWISTERS GALORE There are some finger twisters in here designed to show if you can memorize complex patterns. You have no problems at all. Nice!

You killed all of it Soldier and this is a BIG Mission!! Score!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 27 2020, 09:23 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 1 2020, 01:03 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll just stick with the Bootcamp for now and maybe the answers will come to me sometime later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2020, 10:06 PM
Soldier you are a MACHINE!! These Missions get harder and harder and longer and longer with many moving parts. It would be easy to simply quit. Not you. You have the soul and grit to push through the hardest Mission and make it your own. It's truly impressive. Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

CRAZY DIFFICULT
You are able to learn every single drill in these advanced lessons without breaking a sweat. Well done Soldier!! You've earned it.

MEMORY MADNESS No matter how many drills you get handed, you memorize all of them. SCORE!

MEGA PICKING Your multi picking has come a long way. It's smooth and clear. MEGA SCORE!

Soldier you are pushing the 200 mark. It's also never been achieved. You are closer than anyone has ever come.

You just...

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 29 2020, 08:03 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 2 2020, 11:01 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2020, 03:24 AM
MISSION DEBRIEF

MULTI PICKING Killing on the multi picking! You have got the multi picking down to a science Soldier!

NEO CLASSICAL You do a great job on the classical etude part. It's a very complex piece and you manage it very well. Super congrats on that!

PINKY POWER You make good use of the pinky here and that's crucial. SCORE!

This is a very complex Mission and you sorted it out with no trouble. Nicely done!!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 2 2020, 06:01 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 4 2020, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2020, 02:33 AM
Another Victory Soldier!! I don't think you get thrown off by anything these days! No matter how complex or strange your hands adapt to it. Which is awesome! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

OPEN STRING WORK Open string work is the best way to see if your muting is not going well. Bad muting on open string licks means tons of string noise. You have developed a really good mute so there is not string noise!

MULTI PICKING AND OPENS STRINGS Not only do you have to play open string, you have to traverse strings and you have to multi pick. It's a LOT of techniques thrown in at once. You have no problem at all.

TRICKY BITS I even threw in a tricky open string lick where you have to dance back and forth on the same string and play a complex pattern. Miss one note and it doesn't work. You didn't miss any note so it's great!

You continue to impress me Soldier!

You just ...

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

This is a smaller badge to fit in the new smaller signature box.

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 4 2020, 05:52 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 7 2020, 12:24 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 7 2020, 05:51 AM
You continue to impress me Soldier!! You are working your way to the big 200!!! You break a new record each time you complete a Mission. These are the advanced ones and you are having no trouble at all. Way back when I think these might have seemed more challenging but you have really come a long way so that now you have good technique and your fingers are really well trained. There are some tapping bits coming that may be a bit tricky but I think you'll still krush it!! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

BACK AND FORTH The first lick is a tricky one! You don't even break a sweat!! Way back when this might have seemed more tricky, these days you have a well practiced hand and just plow through it!

PEDAL POINT The first time you played a pedal point lick I remember it was a challenge for your hand. Not anymore!! You can fly through it!!

INVERTED UP THE NECK
That last lick is complex. You gotta climb the neck and stick the landing with the pinky and do it using an inverted sorta backwards lick. A lesser soldier would fall apart. Not you!!

KILLER job Soldier. You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

New Signature Sized Badge

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 6 2020, 07:24 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 7 2020, 11:41 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2020, 12:05 AM
All of your work is paying off in spades Soldier!! It's all coming together and it's great to see!! Your use of THUMBLESS technique is truly impressive. It is a great way to keep tension off of the fingers. Some folks just can't play without the thumb. You sure can!!!

LET'S DEBRIEF!!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

THUMBLESS FOR THE WIN Making great use of the THUMBLESS technique. It's the secret sauce to being able to keep tension low and shred like a mad man!!!!!

MASSIVE MULTI PICKING
MULTI PICKING doesn't even remotely cause any problems for you now which is awesome. Your able to do multi picking along with open strings as well which is a great combo and brings us to....

MASSIVE MUTE It's open string licks such as the one in this Mission, that are the reason for learning how to keep a solid mute. Without a good mute, once can't play open string licks without string noise.

You are putting all the pieces together Soldier!!!! Keep it up. One Step Closer to the MYTHICAL 200!!! It's an entirely new badge that nobody has ever seen because I've never given one out! You'll be the first one ever, again!

You Just....

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

Signature Sized Badge

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 7 2020, 06:41 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 8 2020, 11:03 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:06 AM