Question About Click Tracks
Taka Perry
Mar 30 2014, 04:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey,

I'm trying to make click tracks work in Ableton Live, but I'm unsure as to how you get the click track on the computer to the musicians ear? Do you connect it to a wireless earphone? Or just through the PA system? If, for example, I was doing laptop stuff live, how would I get my drummer to hear the click track?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 30 2014, 03:02 PM
Instructor
You have to create additional bus = output slot going through external audio interface. Some of the small 4 tracks interfaces has at least 2 main outputs. You can use on to send it to P.A and the other to set up ear monitor. Wireless ear plug would be most comfortable...to be honest You can play the clickj through stage monitors cause audience will hear it anyway...

When I was playing in some pop project with additional choirs or synths that where takes from the studio recording, we were using 8 track fostex hard drive recording and a little mixing console. One of the tracks was click and it was only sent to the drummers headphones. He then controilled tempo of whole band. Sound engeneer got only the choir and synth tracks so nobody heard the click besides the drummer

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:24 AM