Greetings From Bulgaira, Introducing myself
Quantum
Dec 22 2012, 08:59 PM
GMC:er
Hello, everybody!

My name is Dian Dimitrov and I'm 18.
I live in Silistra, a small bulgarian town located on the Danube river.
I play the guitar since I was 5, so that makes it 13 years. My mother is a guitar teacher, so I first started
playing classical music (with a classical guitar). When I was 11, I got my Stratocaster and I started playing
rock & heavy metal. Now I'm interested in blues. My town is pretty small, so I haven't got any friends here,
who can play the guitar at this level. This is the reason, that I didn't have any motivation and although I've been
playing guitar for 13 years, I haven't made any great progress yet (my mother can teach me only classical pieces).
My guitar is cheap and the strings are too far from the neck, so it's hard for me to play at high speeds. (I still love my guitar though! ^^)

Last month I started playing in a rock band and I enjoy it, but I always dreamed of someone, who could teach me
some advanced techniques and give me some tips. I qualify myself as an intermediate.

I'm glad that I have the opportunity to work with you and I'm really looking forward to improving my playing and improvisation skills.
I will also be grateful if you could give me some tips on how to use the website, so I could take the most of it. I started playing every lesson from the beginning (maybe there is still something useful in the basic videos), but it seems impossible to play the all and I really want to get to the more advanced sooner. Any advice?
I really enjoy the Bushido classes, but I wonder if I should first play all the challanges, before signing in.

Thanks!

PS: I mixed up the title. It's "Bulgaria".

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Quantum: Dec 22 2012, 09:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Dec 22 2012, 09:26 PM
Hey! And welcome Dian! biggrin.gif

My suggestion would be sign up with one or some of the different instructors that seems to suite your style and then participate in the REC system. That way you'll get a good amount of feedback and you'll hopefully progress a lot faster smile.gif, in the meanwhile choose a lesson that is within your range not something that is too hard, since then it might take too long to get it down 'perfectly' and then there is chance you'll get demotivated... And of course choose something that you like! smile.gif

Bushido wise, you can join in on the latest task if you feel like it, that way you can also earn a 'Donut' by Ben, if you're the first one to finish, etc. But you can also start from the beginning if you feel that is the best thing for you to do.

Here is a list of all the Bushido tasks, and some information if you haven't already read it.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...p/Bushido_Tasks

Cheers!

Tobias

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome to GMC!!!! The is THE place to be smile.gif Jump in to the forums and video chat lessons! I"m doing a Video Chat Lesson Today (Saturday and every Saturday) @ 5PM GMT.

Todd

QUOTE (Quantum @ Dec 22 2012, 02:59 PM) *
Hello, everybody!

My name is Dian Dimitrov and I'm 18.
I live in Silistra, a small bulgarian town located on the Danube river.
I play the guitar since I was 5, so that makes it 13 years. My mother is a guitar teacher, so I first started
playing classical music (with a classical guitar). When I was 11, I got my Stratocaster and I started playing
rock & heavy metal. Now I'm interested in blues. My town is pretty small, so I haven't got any friends here,
who can play the guitar at this level. This is the reason, that I didn't have any motivation and although I've been
playing guitar for 13 years, I haven't made any great progress yet (my mother can teach me only classical pieces).
My guitar is cheap and the strings are too far from the neck, so it's hard for me to play at high speeds. (I still love my guitar though! ^^)

Last month I started playing in a rock band and I enjoy it, but I always dreamed of someone, who could teach me
some advanced techniques and give me some tips. I qualify myself as an intermediate.

I'm glad that I have the opportunity to work with you and I'm really looking forward to improving my playing and improvisation skills.
I will also be grateful if you could give me some tips on how to use the website, so I could take the most of it. I started playing every lesson from the beginning (maybe there is still something useful in the basic videos), but it seems impossible to play the all and I really want to get to the more advanced sooner. Any advice?
I really enjoy the Bushido classes, but I wonder if I should first play all the challanges, before signing in.

Thanks!

PS: I mixed up the title. It's "Bulgaria".

+Quote Post
Bossie
Dec 23 2012, 12:29 AM
Welcome !!

Lots of lessons here, this is an amazing collection of guitar lessons..as you can see it's all organized in categories from 'beginner to insane' level and also in styles,instructors,songs etc etc ...the search button is also pretty usefull! And you can bookmark your favourites afcours..

I recently visited a Bulgarian bar in Belgium because it had good atmosphere...but speaking Bulgarian is another wink.gif
Now for example how do i say : ' i would like a beer please??' .. smile.gif ....foneticly ofcours wink.gif

Enjoy your quest in the GMC world !!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2012, 01:44 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Cool introduction! I'm sure that you will find here what you are looking for! smile.gif If you liked Ben's Bushido you have to send a message right now to Ben Higgins and he will answer all your questions regarding it. wink.gif

Enjoy the site and let us know if you need any help!

PS: Don't miss Vchat sessions (the schedule is in the homepage) and the Collaborations!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Dec 23 2012, 01:53 AM
Hey mate, welcome, you should post a photo of your guitar neck looking down it from the headstock, it might be something as easy as tightening the truss rod to get you lower action.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
Hi Dian, welcome to GMC ! The way you've described your hometown sounds like a very idyllic place ! smile.gif

Tobias has helpfully already given you a clue as to how to get involved with Guitar Bushido (Thanks T !) so I'll be happy to welcome you to any of the Tasks at any time. You can follow with the recent Tasks or you can go back and start with earlier Tasks. I've had quite a few people join Bushido at a later date and they've happily gone and started the earlier tasks.. so there's no competitive environment at all with it. It's all about giving what you can, when you can, when you want to smile.gif

I find the best way to make progress is just to make a very small list of things you'd like to improve. Starting with 1 or 2 things means you're less likely to feel muddled and frustrated. I always give the same advice to anyone who feels a bit lost. If you feel lost, bring everything back down to 1 thing. Get some focus back, get some results happening again and then go from there.

Do you have the function to record yourself with video or audio at all ? If not, no worries but it will be good to see or hear you and make some observations about areas of improvement etc.

Welcome, once again !

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 23 2012, 12:11 PM
Hi neighbour, greetings from Serbia cool.gif

QUOTE (Bossie @ Dec 23 2012, 12:29 AM) *
I recently visited a Bulgarian bar in Belgium because it had good atmosphere...but speaking Bulgarian is another wink.gif
Now for example how do i say : ' i would like a beer please??' .. smile.gif ....foneticly ofcours wink.gif

Enjoy your quest in the GMC world !!

I think it would sound like this "дайте ми пиво , искам"

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Dec 23 2012, 12:12 PM

+Quote Post
azureus
Dec 23 2012, 02:04 PM
wink.gif Hay ,
Verry welcome here ,i hope you have a great time and motivation here !!

+Quote Post
Bossie
Dec 23 2012, 07:24 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Dec 23 2012, 12:11 PM) *
Hi neighbour, greetings from Serbia cool.gif

I think it would sound like this "дайте ми пиво , искам"

No i asked for beer..not milk !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2012, 08:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Dec 23 2012, 06:24 PM) *
No i asked for beer..not milk !! tongue.gif

Imagine going to a foreign bar and being presented with a glass of milk ! I'd still drink it though biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2012, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Hello Dian! Welcome to GMC smile.gif As the guys have already said, feel free to ask us anything you'd like to know around the site and get exploring as much as possible!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Quantum
Dec 24 2012, 05:21 PM
Hey, guys!

Thank you all for replying. I really enjoy this place.

Qenzonz, thank you for the good advice.

Todd, I really enjoyed your last video chat lesson, even though it was late at night here. tongue.gif

Bossie, you could say "Една бира, моля. (Edna bira, molya.)" I believe the hosts will be very glad to hear
you ordering in Bulgarian.

Hey, Gabriel! I'm really looking forward to participating in a collaboration.

Patrik, today I managed to lower the strings from the saddles. It's a bit better now. : )

Ben, I enjoy the Bushido classes and I've just learnt the "Winter Tune", which I find quite fascinating.
I will send you a PM soon. I have a camera, but the output jack of my guitar is broken, so I have to fix it first.
Should I then upload the videos to YouTube or is there an alternative option?

Greetings, Slavenko! Our languages are very similar, indeed!

Thanks, Azureus!

Cosmin, I suppose we're neighbours, too. I can see Rumania on the other side of the river.

Thank you all again!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Indeed Dian! We are neighbors smile.gif I had a great time jamming with you last evening and I am looking forward to having you in the video chat sessions as often as you can!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:13 AM