Anybody Tried These Yet?
skennington
Jul 16 2009, 11:48 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
And if so, how do they compare to the Jazz III's?

http://www.jimdunlop.com/blog/?p=61

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 17 2009, 01:28 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
They click the string too much for me, When I record with them you can hear the picking way too much, That might just be the way I play though. I prefer the Gator Grips, best pick in existence smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 17 2009, 01:35 AM
What gauge of the Gator's do you prefer Brett? I have really gotten used to the tip of the Jazz III and these look a bit fatter...

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 17 2009, 02:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
I use the Ultex Jazz III for a while now, there is even a thread about them somewhere...

The metarial is MUCH harder than any plastic I've seen before, it's almost impossible to wear these picks down!
They sound diffrent to normal jazz III picks so it's up to personal prefearance but they stick very well to your hands even when sweating!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 17 2009, 03:37 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
i tried some ultex picks some years ago and they were really cool, they almost never wear out.
i got my first 6 jazz III today (after playing stubby jazz sor 6 month) and they feel great so i might try them as well

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
besip
Jul 17 2009, 03:41 AM
GMC:er
looks nice actualy i Lowe my Black Jazz III stif pick 1,38 but when i play Power chords i have trouble somethime
but i find out few second ago they made XL Jazz III series so i have check them out rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 17 2009, 07:15 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (besip @ Jul 17 2009, 04:41 AM) *
looks nice actualy i Lowe my Black Jazz III stif pick 1,38 but when i play Power chords i have trouble somethime
but i find out few second ago they made XL Jazz III series so i have check them out rolleyes.gif

I use those Jazz III XL picks you're talking about, very nice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 17 2009, 11:02 PM
Instructor
I like sharp picks, but I never used these, I will try to get them

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 18 2009, 02:56 PM
The tip is what caught my eye as well Ivan. I like the tone I get from the III's and the attack of the tip, just looking to try something new and these look interesting. I also want to try the larger version of the III's as well. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:51 AM