E Minor Melodic Solo By Muris, For fun
Vaialation1232
Jan 3 2009, 10:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here is my try at this cool solo from Muris...some mistakes im sure as i learned it today...will try again in a week or so

Comment if you want

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 3 2009, 10:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice !! You just learned it today? ... respect !!

As you said, some minor mistakes, i'm sure you will fix them easily as you obviously have the skills.

Something i noticed are the slides after each shape. It sounds a bit repetitive up to the end of the solo. Do you know what i mean? Instead of the slides, you should try to let the bended notes more ring and add vibrato.

But anyway, you have the notes down in a really short time. Now to work on details and add you own interpretation to the solo is the fun part smile.gif

Again, well done !!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Vaialation1232
Jan 3 2009, 10:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, i get what you mean, every time i end a part i slide down..i think its an annoying habit i have (also may be because i learned the song in parts and am still thinking in terms of part 1, part 2, etc. so its my accidental way of breaking them up i guess) but ill see if i can fix it...also i have just started attempting the whole bend with vibrato thing so im a little tentative there as of right now, so definitely will be trying to make that sound better and be wider....thanks and your version is way awesome, it was what inspired me to learn it

This post has been edited by Vaialation1232: Jan 3 2009, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 3 2009, 11:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Vaialation1232 @ Jan 3 2009, 10:53 AM) *
Yeah, that's the first thing i noticed was every time i end a part i slide down..i think its an annoying habit but ill see if i can fix it...also i have just started attempting the whole bend with vibrato thing so im a little tentative there as of right now, so definitely will be trying to make that sound better and be wider....thanks and your version is way awesome, it was what inspired me to learn it

Thanks for the compliment smile.gif

I know this slide down habit really well smile.gif.
Yes, bends with vibrato is not easy. Especially on a slow solo like this. To add a nice vibrato is still a problem for me and i try to work on this atm.

Maybe try the "Harmonic Minor" (HERE) lesson from Muris as well. It's a nice easy solo, but in my opinion difficult if you focus on vibrato, bends and overall tone and dynamic.

+Quote Post
Vaialation1232
Jan 3 2009, 11:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, yeah i like the slow but feely solos better anyway, and yeah im not so sure i agree with Muris's definition of "beginner" but i guess compared to him maybe everything is...cause i can just hear a true beginner trying to pull down those 4th string bends now...

Anyway, thanks for the comment and do you have any ideas about what you are going to teach for the MTP program, as i just signed up for this website and am sort of a bit lost as to what a mentor should teach...they are choosing people for us soon and i don't wanna be completely clueless when it starts...thanks again

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 3 2009, 11:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Vaialation1232 @ Jan 3 2009, 11:21 AM) *
Anyway, thanks for the comment and do you have any ideas about what you are going to teach for the MTP program, as i just signed up for this website and am sort of a bit lost as to what a mentor should teach...they are choosing people for us soon and i don't wanna be completely clueless when it starts...thanks again

True, i'm a bit clueless atm too.
I tried to get prepared a bit, but as i don't know with whom we will work, it's a bit difficult as the levels are quite different.
I downloaded all the beginner application videos and was writing done a few notes. I searched the huge GMC lesson library to be a bit more aware of what we could work on.

Basically i take Smells Practice Agenda as an example. (HERE). Further i have in mind to split each session in two parts. First part left and right hand exercises and a 2nd part with lessons to cover different basic technics. Something like this ...

Let me know if you have some ideas. Maybe we could start a new topic to discuss with everybody how to structure this. Chat was proposed, but maybe a forum topic is a better place to collect ideas.

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 3 2009, 12:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 3 2009, 11:45 AM) *
True, i'm a bit clueless atm too.
I tried to get prepared a bit, but as i don't know with whom we will work, it's a bit difficult as the levels are quite different.
I downloaded all the beginner application videos and was writing done a few notes. I searched the huge GMC lesson library to be a bit more aware of what we could work on.

Basically i take Smells Practice Agenda as an example. (HERE). Further i have in mind to split each session in two parts. First part left and right hand exercises and a 2nd part with lessons to cover different basic technics. Something like this ...

Let me know if you have some ideas. Maybe we could start a new topic to discuss with everybody how to structure this. Chat was proposed, but maybe a forum topic is a better place to collect ideas.

I am basically doing the same activities in order to prepare myself better for the MTP. I also noticed from the guidelines post for mentors that we will be given an syllabus with basic lessons what we should provide our mentorees with to start of with everything. We can of course put our own additional stuff in, but as understand it, the syllabus should be the red line through the first weeks.

I think the guidelines post is actually a very good starting point for us mentors.

Btw, I like that solo a lot, may have a go at that later today as well smile.gif

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 3 2009, 02:00 PM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 3 2009, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Nice take, bravo, makes me very proud!!

Try to apply bit more vibrato and it'll be jolly good. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Vaialation1232
Jan 3 2009, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for replying everyone

wrk-yeah i think a forum would be awesome...i was gonna do about the same as you..maybe one GMC lesson a week and then an legato/alternate picking exercise some weeks..and then others one GMC and one technique based exercise...something like that...maybe some easy riffs just for fun as well

Velvet Roger-Thanks for posting, i hadn't seen that page before and a syllabus will be really helpful, also good luck with the solo (and the december competition..i think you just pulled ahead of me last night tongue.gif)

Muris-Thanks for watching, i really appreciate it.. i will take vibrato into account...i've been working on it recently but found this kinda hard to work on...do you know any exercises/strategies to benefit vibrato? (ill probably end up asking you this on your forum also)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:15 AM